OK, now that took some effort. :grin:

4 Likes

But it was fun!

3 Likes

I wish I had that much free time.

3 Likes

Don’t we all.

1 Like

Very good. Can I hire you to do the illustrations for my upcoming book?

1 Like

Not sure what the law says about giving false information to police, be careful with your lies.

2 Likes

What I would love to see would be the video of the wife of @jimipresley giving the cops merry hell … or even the police station CCTV of the event … and put up on YouTube. I gather that said wife is Taiwanese?

She’s from Hong Kong, but does have Taiwanese citizenship and a British passport. Taiwan is very lax when it comes to multi passports for its own citizens.

2 Likes

Perhaps the best post I have ever seen on this site.

2 Likes

I almost sympathize with the cops. My wife is 5-1 and whenever her fuse gets lit you’d better run for cover.

3 Likes

This makes me think we should start an Emoji Charades thread. :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you let it go on too long with a bit of a sarcastic attitude that may hurt us.
I also park in the illegal area briefly to pick up kids. I know exactly why the police want to talk to me so I head them off by saying… "Sorry officer. I need to pick up my kids who will be coming out any minute and there no place to park the car.
It has worked every Time

I assume you were speaking to this guy in Mandarin? That probably helped a lot if you were

1 Like

If you put it out onthe sidewalk and tossed it, that is.lettering as well, which certainly is a fine.

Just keep in mind the period before lunar new year many cops nee to play catch up on their quotas.

Clearly they were being.dicks but public smoking is banned iant it? Sidewalks could be a grey area. And foreigners technically do need to.carry ID at all times which police are legally allowed to make you present to them.

Not agreeing with them, just saying when people are fishing for money rules get enforced more aggresively.

Ive never had real trouble with police outside of taipei and taichung, those guys can be real.pricks up there sometimes.

1 Like

Taipei and Taichung cops must be told to aggressively enforce traffic and other laws because you can see them all over giving out fines. South of Taichung they seem pretty chill, especially when a foreigner is involved.

I’ve been breath tested for alcohol many times in Taichung but never once in Kaohsiung, Tainan, or Pingdong. Just got waved through each time. I don’t drink anyway except on special occasions so I’m good either way but it’s more of an inconvenience when they breath tested me but the BMW in front of me was waved through.

1 Like

:rofl:

:crazy_face: :pencil2:

2 Likes

I never letter my butts. That would be a signed admission of guilt.

4 Likes

White BMW. …the gangster ride

Was in my friends white BMW on Linshen n rd at 3am

Light turned green friend forgot to drive off for a minute line of taxi behind us

Nobody honked

2 Likes