I went to McDonald's and I'm a bit traumatized

if that was accurate then china and taiwan should be much the same customer service wise, both countries have had macdonalds for a number of years…

Really? The one across from me in Taichung cooks up a greasy burger any time of day

Not, if McD must accommodate local demand with its local preferences, customs, rules, and mainlanders are everywhere like Taiwanese. Taiwanese merchants had not figured out to smile at the customer.

I like the chicken burger. It’s pretty good. Nice to mix it up instead of the cheese burger all the time.

I actually hate breakfast. I don’t like breakfast food at all. I eat dinner food for breakfast.

what is your point? local demand in china was not to smile so the chinese did not get taught to smile like the taiwanese did?

according to you taiwanese don’t like smiling at the customer either, so there should be no difference in customer service between china and taiwan.

1 Like

Yeah, the two or three McDonalds closest to my house don’t serve anything that requires using the grill past midnight. So basically anything deep fried, like the chicken, fish burgers, and fries. And drinks.

When I worked in fast food (eons ago) we had to make any menu item the customer requested, even if they came in five minutes before closing and we had already pre-cleaned stuff. We prayed no one would come in, but customer service came first.

It really boggles my mind that McDonalds, a HAMBURGER restaurant, stops serving beef burgers past midnight (at least here in my part of Taoyuan).

2 Likes

We may have found the winner of the inaugural Forumosa “Eats Shoots and Leaves” Award. : D

Guy

One restaurant culture import I can do without is asking how things were. Not at McDonald’s but at places like TGIF and now even at that Thai chain (wa chung). If I don’t like it, I won’t go back. If it’s good, I’ll keep going. I don’t want to discuss this with a restaurant manager who comes over quite suddenly at the end of the meal.

I think it’s appropriate if some problems are apparent that day with speed of service or menu items sold out, etc. Sometimes it pays off to preemptively smooth out any problems. But it’s best to pick the right moment as it’s annoying if you’re in the middle of the conversation and someone hovers over your table asking that.

Right, it is the soda! I like that the McD here has green tea, no sugar!! Just wish they would start serving the Breakfast Burrito

https://youtu.be/a1nHRccrGEQ

FWIW McDonalds is ranked dead last.

As it should be

Customer binding? Giving shelter to the exhausted!

Just tell them it wasn’t good, you’ll get an additional serving of the same no good thing!:rofl:

1 Like

Screenshot_20190603-190156_Google
You just can’t make this stuff up.

3 Likes

McDonald isn’t out to create a good burger, heck they’re not even out to create an average burger.

If you really look at McDonald’s business model, they are not in the restaurant business, they are in the real estate business.

1 Like

I left out punctuation!
Lol

I think it’s good in its own way. I know McDonald’s is kinda “disgusting” and I would feel sick eating it all the time. But it’s damn good when you eat it. Maybe they sprinkle some crack in there.

1 Like