I went to McDonald's and I'm a bit traumatized

Yes, definitely worth checking out. One of my favorite channels.

1 Like

I don’t get the hate for McDonald’s. Employees wear hair nets, gloves and masks. Much better hygiene compared to 99% restaurants. And employees are treated better and paid right, unlike other companies. Plus they hire handicapped people. All in all I feel like McDs is a high level business here.

1 Like

I love San Francisco, but this is its shame.

1 Like

I never liked San Francisco…and now I like it even less. Beautiful cityscape though.

Does the OP mean McDonald in Taiwan, or in the USA?

McDonald in Taiwan is actually pretty high class. The restaurant is kept clean, not full of homeless people, food is actually good, staff is nice, and kitchen is clean.

McDonald in the USA is disgusting, full of mean staff, food is disgusting thanks to Morgan Suprlock (whoever that did the Supersize Me “documentary”), too many homeless people basically camp out at McDonalds. Sure they have bottomless soft drink, but Costco in Taiwan has that too, and it’s not disgusting. I’m speaking of the McDonald in the Walmart I worked at… but as far as fast food goes McDonald is like bottom of barrel in the US. Whataburger is much better.

1 Like

How did Morgan Spurlock make the food disgusting?

Because he made that show “Supersize Me”, which of course turned him from a healthy person to a fat slob in 30 days of basically eating supersized meals 3 times a day (which of course is a bad idea regardless of where or what you eat), McDonalds had to react by changing their recipe to make it “more healthy”.

As a result, their chicken nugget actually tastes disgusting while they are still mystery meat, but at least the old ones (that had dark or white meat and you could ask the staff to pick for you) tasted good. The new ones tasted terrible especially if they’re a bit old. Taiwanese McNuggets still tasted good because it’s the old formula. Another one that took a hit is the fries. McDonalds fries is the best I have ever had because it’s extra crispy and not too big (the fries themselves that is). But thanks to Supersize Me, they changed it and now it’s nowhere near as crispy, it’s soggy as hell. I was surprised eating a McDonald meal for the first time when I went back to the states. It changed so much I don’t actually want to eat it anymore. Taiwanese McDonald fries are the old style and are delicious.

Oh come on. I’ve eaten in rubbish tips with more nutritious food.

1 Like

Well, that’s not saying much at the moment.

1 Like

the fries taste worse now because they had to stop using pork lard once Muslims complained about that. not the Supersize me reaction.

Ah, I see. Well, Spurlock is a dickhead anyway, and it seems like he’s finished so other fast food chains can breathe a sigh of relief.

It was beef tallow and it was the Hindus.

And…what do you have against eating in rubbish tips, exactly???

I loves me a good rubbish tip as well as the next mammal, you know that. Which is why I take umbrage at having to pay money to eat the sort of swill the golden arches passes off as “food”.

24 7 delivery, im lovin it.

And vegetarians complained too iirc.

Nobody is forcing them to eat at McDonalds. If they don’t like it they can always open a Halal McDonalds (or McDonalds can offer Halal menu).

Making everyone eat disgusting food at McD is hurting their bottom line more than the minority of Muslims complaining about stuff.

Might be all the big macs making him hypersexual?

McDonald’s Germany just launched Mobile Order & Pay. This is already available in the US for some time. Hopefully it will come to Taiwan soon.

unnamed

What I like better about the chains is that I can use my debit card. I don’t have to keep going to the ATM and I do get cash back for using debit cards too.