I went to McDonald's and I'm a bit traumatized

interesting

Yes. This whole thread, actually. So glad I’m a part of this forum.

Continuing on…Why, just why, did they get rid of the bacon Big Mac? And the Big Big Mac (or whatever it was called)? That double the meat monster.

hangon, there was a bacon Big Mac? I’d actually try that…

Yes, discontinued just a few weeks ago I think. If they don’t bring it back I’m going to bring my own bacon in a sandwich bag and add it myself. It can’t be overcooked. Kind of limp like European bacon.

Taiwan had a bacon Big Mac for a while but I see they discontinued it

1 Like

Possibly because they banned trans fats from their restaurants in many countries but not in Taiwan ?

Interesting, I heard something about trans fats.

Think I’m right :sunglasses:Thanks MickeyDs for continuing to poison us here.

Edit : it should not be in the potato fries in Taiwan anymore but I don’t know if you can deep fry with trans fats ?

Sane mod.

2 Likes

I’m just sad they stopped selling their hot fudge sundae recently and years ago the stopped selling their shakes. Pretty soon they’ll only be selling breakfast shop sandwiches.

Are you kidding?

That’s a McD in the US btw. You can tell from the tiles that it’s a McD.

I find McD’s in other countries generally terrible (and a lot more expensive). The ones in Taiwan are a lot better and it’s probably the cheapest in the world.

1 Like

That’s not Taiwan. Keep up.

McDonald’s have some of the most consistent standard of hygiene of any chain restaurant.

1 Like

It’s in the US. In Taiwan it’s fine. I know people who’ve worked at a McD.

Well obviously not all of them are clean.

I’m sure that’s true. But you should see the average restaurant. Very few restaurants actually care about hygiene the way you would probably want. For a fast food chain for that price, it’s usually a safe bet. Most mid level restaurants are pretty nasty in the back.

It was one of the few places I could eat without instant diarrhea in Malaysia.

3 Likes

NOOO! My world view is shattered.

just like my memory.

He said “consistent standard of hygiene.” He didn’t say “clean.”

1 Like

When the other people are really awful, you’d damn well be better than them.

I’m back in the old country temporarily and the McDonald’s here sucks. The servers are all in the back laughing and talking with each other, food takes 20 min to come out, the manager is the same age as the workers and couldn’t care less. Then the food shows up cold. Tables aren’t cleaned, floors and bathrooms are nasty, homeless everywhere.

Then Taiwan where none of the above applies. The kids that work there actually do their jobs.