I would very much like an alternative forum that was much more heavily regulated

I heartily support the ignore feature, even though I don’t use it myself.

Its very existence nullifies most of the excuses people will throw out to censor wrongthink.

1 Like

What? They are tame and quite funny IMO. I enjoy it.

Go ahead and call me names. See if I care.

I was meaning to respond to the thread not you. Accusing a poster of condoning murder because they don’t agree that a group called Antifa is responsible for murders, is not funny at all. It’s an embarrassment.

We cannot project our beliefs and opinions onto people themselves. You don’t know the posters in real life and just because you disagree on something does not make you better of a person than them.

2 Likes

Didn’t ask if you cared. It’s not appropriate whether its from me or anyone else.

I think the mods have consistently done a bang-up job of letting people all across the political and I.Q. spectrums express their ideas in a free and open manner…even posters who, like the OP here, are in favor of censorship.

14 Likes

Huh? That’s a stretch. It was a joke, obviously, and anyone paying attention would know who’s being referred to. I’m not against free speech (already made that clear I think - see my previous post above). I was speaking freely when I wrote what I wrote - why are you asking me to speak in a different way? Are you against free speech?

I’m for people making logical arguments and having rational discussions about things, and if they’re incapable of doing that and just want to post nonsense, then I think it’s okay to call them out on it, which is exactly what I did above.

Nothing good comes from arbitrarily declaring harmless things inappropriate.

That leads to the tyranny of the triggered. Our mores will be defined by those least worthy to define mores.

Nope. Humans never have been or ever will be created equally naturally. I don’t think anyone could dispute that.

Perhaps you mean treated with dignity in most situations. That I can agree on.

Would also point out that the mods all have day jobs, too. I don’t think moderators are paid, so I can’t imagine that finding good ones is easy.

The website is free of charge, something that would surely change if a flock of new mods were taken on.

6 Likes

You just agreed that posters should have limits on creating new topics. Were you joking?

Mods don’t make site decisions. Admins do.

2 Likes

Hey, while we’re at it, the admins are awesome too. This is just a fantastic forum all round, and everyone involved in running it deserves tons of respect and a free alcoholic beverage of their choice! I’m not paying though…

7 Likes

Ditto. But i’ll pay for some nice (711) drinks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how about that udder milk of yours

1 Like

Not sure what you’re on about. You can’t make judgements about someone’s character based on whether or not they agree with your version of reality. Plain and simple. Yes treat people with dignity and respect, but focus on the merit of their ideas not who they are or who you think they are as a person. That I’m sure is a big turnoff to new posters.

2 Likes

You seem to see everything through the lens of being anti PC culture. Personal attacks are not productive. Nothing to do with being PC. They distract from debate and turn into flame wars. Perhaps a little 反省 is in order.

I’d love to oblige, but I identify as a cockatiel now, and I hate to break character.

1 Like

The mods here should run FB and Twitter.

4 Likes

The mods don’t allow identity reveal and releasing personal information correct? Then it seems they would’ve done the same as Facebook and Twitter.