If the CCP invades, will you fight?

Fight for what? Government officials will flee like rats. The only ones left will turn out to be commie moles. The PLA will put a bounty on our heads and half the population will be hunting us down for the reward.

The only ones who will put up any kind of fight will be the high mountain people but they won’t have the weapons to stave off the inevitable.

It’s a lost cause.

75 years ago: http://www.powtaiwan.org/The%20Camps/index.php

3 Likes

Ummm they’re fighting against a foreign government, not a domestic government. 2nd Amendment means nothing if the government is on your side RELEASING weapons for battle…

Do you think before you speak?

2 Likes

I really think that if there is ever a need to supply a resistance force/militia with weapons, the Taiwan of lore will rearise and guns and whatnot coming into the ports illegally now won’t just be for the gangsters.

1 Like

The PLA might not agree,

1 Like

Well, this guy is obviously clueless as to the Famous Fighting Forumosans Militia forming here. Anyone care to make tee shirts?

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s valid any more. I’ve read a couple of books on War…it’s OK to see them as people…just as long as it doesn’t stop you from doing your job and protecting your team.

There’s another one on my bookself…in NY. Modern thought is that yeah, you don’t have to do all that dehumanizing stuff. It doesn’t help when you come back.

1 Like

Does it go into detail why some people can reintegrate into society and others can’t?

The other one does a better job of that. I might have put it up in the what are you reading thread last year.
Let me check.

Got it!

That one is VERY good.

4 Likes

Yeah…you know…yeah. I guess. I think this one is played out. My opinion.

Yeah, I started this after a drunken BBQ. It is good to know who’s on my side.

2 Likes

Is there another sort?

Didn’t know you had a military background. If the shit hits the fan maybe you can change your username to JohnConnor.

2 Likes

It’s better to know who has shitty eyesight. These “I can shoot but I can’t see for shit” guys frighten me.

3 Likes

I’d prefer Marty McFly, but I’m a tad too old.

What about WAR AND PEACE by Leo Tolstoy?

Hand on heart, have you read it?

Yeah. I’m quite scary with a gun in my hand.

1 Like

What about it? You think it’s an instruction manual?

1 Like

If they gave me citizenship I would fulfill the obligations that go with it. Making me an honorary citizen just before getting bombed doesn’t count. As the same time if somebody starts attacking the family you have to protect what’s yours. No weapons means …Not many options …Even with weapons it’s not exactly a fair fight.

2 Likes