If you could be a tree, any tree, what kind would you be? and why?

Today, my moods are mixed… I think that makes me a birch… with some of my exterior (bark) being dark and other bits white or light… Or is there another tree out there that might better/best represent my moods and present state of mind? Any suggestions would be most helpful…

If I were a tree, I’d be better than all the other trees. In fact, I wouldn’t even condescent to talk to other trees and consider them all beneath my contempt, regardless of individuality. That’s right, I’d be a bigga tree.

1 Like

You might be confusing that with a Thorn Tree or a Locust tree. Are you sure that there is such a tree as a big ol tree?

Is a rhododendron or an azalea a type of tree? I think that I want to be one today but… you know… not sure whether it is a tree or just a bush… That kind of goes for lilacs as well, doesn’t it?

Fred, you can relax. there is a Tree rhododendron – Rhododendron arborescens.

All right then… I think that I want to be a rhododendron but the tree variety. Hey… does that mean that hydrangea trees would enable that to be under the tree category as well? Yippee!!! I might be that tomorrow or maybe even a TULIP tree!

No tulip tree, but you can opt for a Brugmansia if you want: a tree datura.

I am SURE that there is such a thing as a tulip TREE and I WANT to BE one. I am quite sure it exists and THAT is what best exemplifies my mood today.

Today, I think that I might be a mangrove… with roots and branches stretching all over the swampy inhospitable ground…

Mesquite.

I would be any tree in Beijing because it will be easier to breathe :ponder:

Based on that line of thinking, I suppose one would want to be a rubber tree in a whorehouse because… of the need to protect the wood? give a gloss to the furniture? to ensure that nothing ran against the, er, grain?

Based on that line of thinking, I suppose one would want to be a rubber tree in a whorehouse because… of the need to protect the wood? give a gloss to the furniture? to ensure that nothing ran against the, er, grain?[/quote]
Ha Ha Fred :sunglasses: However, I really meant that it would be easier for me to breathe ,as a tree,at least as far as gasses go,maybe not the other bad stuff.
I have no sympathy at all for Beijing. As you always say, no point spending trillions on “studies”,better spent enforcing existing rules. That ,I fear, would involve a degree of Common sense,which appears to be in short supply :frowning:

common sense ≠ communist sense

I would “leave” that subject alone. :whistle:

I would “leave” that subject alone. :whistle:[/quote]
Don’t think you are going to palm me off so easily :whistle:

You can pine away for all I care waiting for me to palm anything related to your personage… I think that we need to spruce up this site a bit and ensure that the dignity of all is maintained. I think that this is important fir all of us. :slight_smile:

Ah Fred,if you start a Plum,Bees Knees Trees thread,you create a Hawthorny problem. Cedar the problem is (Mayply?),I’m Sycamore ecological posts,Willownly lead to an unPoplar image (alone and Beeched).I am not a Forest Gump(always Evergreen at your oratory skills) and Cherry picking your subjects,broadly leaving me no option but to hold out an Olive branch. Oakay? Or I shall have to get my Birch. :popcorn:

You ASH:

You have beaten me at my own game. :fume: I throw in the towel. :raspberry: I beg for mercy. :pray: I plead for salvation… :aiyo:

Now, on that note… today… I think that I am YEW suffering the humiliations of being happy and proud to win at nonsensical word games such as these. :slight_smile:

Today I think that I am an elm… because I think that I have some beetles crawling under my bark… damn those beetles… damn them to HELL.