I'm all set, what next? (New school owner here)

Unless, and bear with me, this school says one month at 400 while we train you, and then 1200!

That’d work.

6 Likes

Locals and some folks may teach at 400 and hour.

Doesn’t Global Village start people at really low wages?

1 Like

490 is the lowest I’ve heard of with GVO.

1 Like

I recall a Scottish chap on here offering his services at 400 an hour.

1 Like

Non-native speaker…?

1 Like

Yes but that was for a topless hand shandy.

Worth every penny as well.

1 Like

Might have been. He had a picture of Sean Connery in Zardoz as his icon. Seemed like a nice chap, just couldn’t land a teaching gig for some reason. Far Flung Scot?

If i offered to work at a school for 400, the school wouldn’t take it. They would assume i was a paedo who didn’t care about money and just wanted to be close to kids. Or a drug dealer on the run from the FBI.

2 Likes

Permits for the school, competitors that’ll try to keep you out of business.

1 Like

Yep. Going too low is a big red flag. Similar to a school offering 400.

Talking about going too low being a red flag.

There was an ABC guy on the run from America years ago. Something to do with an underage girl in the US. Well it turns out years earlier, after he had run away from the law in America, but before he was in the news here, he was working as an English teacher under his Taiwanese name. My wife worked with him and he even asked her out. She said she didn’t go on a date with him, but she had a weird look on her face. He was working for 30000 a month instead of using his US passport/US identity and making double that at least. He lasted a couple of months but got sacked because his Chinese wasn’t good enough to deal with parents. I asked my wife why no one thought it was weird that he didn’t just use his Taiwanese passport officially, but teach as a NES like a lot of dual citizens i know. She was like we didn’t think too much.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant! But I will review these numbers once again.

Thanks everybody for the reply.

In which case that’s a generous pay rate. Usually with teaching young learners that’s the top level, foreign owned hard core buxiban type of places. That’s the highest I’ve ever earned teaching young learners other than private classes. Good luck!

1 Like

I have several years of experience teaching. I’ll send you my resume if the pay is 1200 to 1500 an hour. lol

1 Like

I have never seen such ridiculous number, I guess no one makes it to middle level.

1 Like

He should just hire all us Forumosans for NT$1,500 per hour. That’s like almost enough to make me willing to teach English.

3 Likes

Oh that would be very worthwhile. Put in some good hours and you would be making more than most junior doctors.

1 Like

With your attitude, probably you can’t!

Me too! I’ll send you my resume if you pay me 1200 to 1500 an hour!