I'm an acupuncturist (OMD) in Taipei

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tsung-yun (Joey) Hsieh. I am a licensed acupuncturist (Chinese medicine doctor) working in Chinese medicine department, Tri-service General Hospital. We use
[color=#0000BF] Chinese herbal medicine[/color]
and/or [color=#0000FF]
acupuncture
[/color] (and moxibustion, cupping,etc.) to help patients with their discomforts of all kinds. I am also a NCCAOM Certified Practitioner since 2011.

[color=#BFBF80]I’ve just started a clinic section from 2-5pm on Friday in Neihu main Facility since October,2014. Since it’s less busy on Friday,(This sentence was the original post, might not be the case for now.)[/color] I’d like to invite you to come to [color=#FF0000]Neihu [/color]if you’re interested in experiencing acupuncture or herbal medicine, and I’d be glad to answer your questions in English. It is my dream to promoteTraditional Chinese medicine to the whole world.

There’s also a clinic section in [color=#FF0000]Tingchou [/color]Branch near [color=#0000FF]Gongguan [/color]MRT station on Tuesday afternoon.

Recently, I reviewed the patients I’ve treated. There were 2,391 person-time visits in 2014.
Approximately 1/3 of them took only Chinese herbal medicine, 1/3 for acupuncture only, 1/3 receive both acupuncture and herbal medicine. Below are the main discomfort they came for help, you’ll know better about the situation when Taiwanese turn to TCM for help.

[color=#0000FF]The most frequent chief complaints are: [/color]common cold, cough, allergic rhinitis, GI disorder (constipation, diarrhea, GERD, stomachache, abdomenal distension), asthma, chest pain/tightness, menstrual disorder, dysmenorrhea, acne, insomnia, neck stiffness, back and low back pain, degenerative spine conditions, sciatica, joint pain, muscle soreness, trigger finger, stroke (stable), facial palsy, headache, dizziness, cold limbs, fatigue, pruritus, DM, HTN, sjogren’s’ syndrome, anemia, etc.

[color=#0000FF]Other less frequent chief complaints are:[/color] gray hair, MDD, herpes zoster, to lose weight, to increase height (teenagers), lack of breast milk, brest enlargement,early ejaculation, foamy urine, bad breath, carpal tunnel syndrome, patella femoral syndrome, DeQuervain’s syndrome, cancer adjuvant therapy ( However, senior TCM doctors see lots of cancer patients).
Here’s a WHO report of acupuncture clinical trials: apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/s4926e/s4926e.pdf

Feel free to come if you need to consult any health issue, I’d be glad to help.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact me at: med88140 at yahoo dot com dot tw
Thank you!

[color=#008000]
Mon. 14:00-17:00 Neihu Clinic 176
Tue. 08:30-12:00 Neihu Clinic 176
Tue. 14:00-17:00 Tingchou Clinic 220
Wed. 14:00-17:00 Neihu Clinic 162
Thu. 14:00-17:00 Neihu Clinic 162

[/color]

Neihu main Facility Address: No.325, Sec. 2, Chenggong Rd., Taipei City (Map: ppt.cc/bDus)
Neihu Clinic 162 & 176 directions: i.imgur.com/z5baBNw.jpg
Tingchou Branch address: No.40, Sec. 3, Tingchou Rd., Taipei City (Map: ppt.cc/Artqj )
Bus information: 5284.com.tw/Dybus.aspx?Lang=En
wwwu.tsgh.ndmctsgh.edu.tw/GADP/NEWS/bus.pdf

↓ Map of TSGH Neihu Main Facility ↓

Larger map: i.imgur.com/z5baBNw.jpg

[color=#0000FF]1. [/color]If you have never visited TSGH, please go to the registration counter and fill out a “first-time visit form.”
If you’ve been here before, you could make an appoint online : www2.ndmctsgh.edu.tw/webreg/DrList.aspx and skip to Step 3.

[color=#0000FF]2. [/color]After that, give the form to the receptionist along with your ID card (and health insurance IC card if you’re with NHI). Tell the receptionist that you want to see [color=#FF0000]Dr. Hsieh[/color] (my last name is exactly the same worlds as “thank” in English:[color=#FF0000]謝[/color]) in [color=#FF0000]Chinese medicine department[/color]. Or you could just tell them the [color=#FF0000]clinic room number[/color], make sure you show up at the right clinic time section and remember the right clinic room number. They will register for you.

[color=#0000FF]3. [/color]Go to clinic room (162, 176 in Neihu or 220 in Tingchou branch), insert your NHI card to the card reader under the display screen near the clinic door. If you’re not with NHI, you could knock the door and tell the nurse that you’re here.

[color=#0000FF]4. [/color]Wait outside for a little bit. We can’t guarantee the time to see you since patients come at their own convenience. Please bring something to read. Sometimes no one’s waiting and you could come in right away.

[color=#0000FF]5. [/color]we’ll do a detailed TCM history taking, including asking you some questions about your symptoms and body constitution, see your tongue and feel your pulse. For the first visit, I’ll prescribe herbal medicine for 1-2 weeks and/or do acupuncture, which usually will take 15 minutes. If everything goes well, we can prescribe for a longer period of time the second time you visit. (maximum 1 month)

[color=#0000FF]6. [/color]After the treatment, you could go check out at the registration counter.

[color=#0000FF]7. [/color]Pick up the herbal medicine at the pharmacy right in front of Clinic 162 and you’re all set.

Looking forward to meet you!

↓ This is the herbal powder package you'll get, usually BID (twice a day) or TID (three times a day) ↓

1 Like

Hello! I have psoriasis for over 10 years (70% of my body) and now I have small problems with the spine, lower back hurts sometimes. Is there any chance of a positive effect on your service, regarding psoriasis. I tried many treatments, but nothing helps. No bad habits, I don’t drink and smoke.Thanks.

Hi Joey, Are your services covered by National Health Insurance?
tks

[quote=“joey0825”]
Since you might not be familiar with what acupuncture/Chinese medicine could help, here’s what we do the most:
Internal medicine: allergic rhinitis …[/quote]

Interesting. Can I ask, what kinds of treatments do you offer for allergic rhinitis?

OMD: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark?

(it’s an old band from the 80s)

It seems as though the OP has disappeared / gone out to celebrate 雙十節. :slight_smile:

Having suffered from severe seasonal allergic rhinitis / hayfever for many many years, the question of how to treat it is something that I’ve been concerned with for a long time.

I’m not sure if the OP intends to use acupuncture to treat people’s allergy symptoms, but for anyone out there who’s interested in the efficacy of such treatments, here’s what the authors of a systematic review for the clinical effectiveness of acupuncture for allergic rhinitis have to say:

Here’s a link to the full meta-study:

A systematic review of the clinical effectiveness of acupuncture for allergic rhinitis
Jonathan Roberts, Aarnoud Huissoon, Janine Dretzke, Dechao Wang and Christopher Hyde
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, UK
biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/8/13/

For those interested in evidence-based techniques for treating allergy, there are several reasonably effective methods available, including desensitization immunotherapy.

I think the point is, here’s an English-speaking acupuncturist in Taipei and the times you can consult him.

it worked quite well for me for some musculoskelatal stuff many years ago.

I’ve met quite a few people who swear by it. I’ve never tried it and remain very skeptical because of studies like this:

[quote=“PAIN, 152 (2011) 755–764”]

Acupuncture: Does it alleviate pain and are there serious risks? A review of reviews
Abstract
Acupuncture is commonly used for pain control, but doubts about its effectiveness and safety remain. This review was aimed at critically evaluating systematic reviews of acupuncture as a treatment of pain and at summarizing reports of serious adverse effects published since 2000. Literature searches were carried out in 11 databases without language restrictions. Systematic reviews were considered for the evaluation of effectiveness and case series or case reports for summarizing adverse events. Data were extracted according to predefined criteria. Fifty-seven systematic reviews met the inclusion criteria. Four were of excellent methodological quality. Numerous contradictions and caveats emerged. Unanimously positive conclusions from more than one high-quality systematic review existed only for neck pain. Ninety-five cases of severe adverse effects including 5 fatalities were included. Pneumothorax and infections were the most frequently reported adverse effects. In conclusion, numerous systematic reviews have generated little truly convincing evidence that acupuncture is effective in reducing pain. Serious adverse effects continue to be reported.[/quote]

Note that, “Fifty-seven systematic reviews met the inclusion criteria. Four were of excellent methodological quality.” There are studies like this one showing the poor quality of randomized clinical trials in Chinese journals. :2cents:

Hi guys, thanks for replying. I apologize for my absence during these two days. I have to work on Double Ten Day, too. However, I enjoy seeing patients, a little bit busy today. I’ll reply your questions one by one.

Hi antanenko,

Thanks for your reply, have you ever done any image study on your low back spine? I have some patients who suffer from low back pain, most of the causes are spondylosis, HIVD, muscle strain, etc. They refuse to have surgery and turn to us for help, we’ll prescribe some Chinese herbal medicine to strengthen the circulation of “Qi and blood” and do some acupuncture to “dredging the meridian”. As for psoriasis, the mechanism in Chinese medicine is “blood heat” or “blood stagnation.” We often prescribe some Chinese medicine powder for patients with psoriasis to take 2-3 times a day. You might not be familiar with these terms we use in Chinese medicine. Since it’s a totally different medical system from modern medicine, I hope I could introduce these concepts and theories to you guys in a simple and clear way in the near future.

Hi the bear,
Yes, my service is covered by national health insurance (NHI). Normally, you’ll only need to pay 100-200 NTD registration fees if you’re with NHI. I work for the hospital, and the hospital pay me salary. I won’t be paid more if you come to see me. The reason I’m here is because I want to make more foreigners in Taiwan experience and know that Traditional Chinese Medicine might be more helpful than you thought, especially when you’ve never experienced it. You should give it a try. Next time when you feel any discomfort, such as catching a cold, running nose, muscle pain… any symptom and sign, just give it a shot. I can’t promise you’ll be healed, but you might be surprised. I’ll do my best to help you. Thanks for your reply.

Hi 外星人,

Sorry for the late reply, I did go celebrate 雙十節 after work. We don’t have a lot of holidays. Thankfully, I love my job!
As for the treatment of allergic rhinitis, we seldom use acupuncture, since Chinese herbal medicine is more effective in our own experience.

In December 1979, the World Health Organization published an extensive report of acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. WHO endorsed the use of acupuncture to treat 43 symptoms. In 1996, this was extended to 64 indications.

Here’s a WHO report of the effect of acupuncture, you guys might want to take a look. apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/s4926e/s4926e.pdf

I’m glad that you brought evidence to us. Nevertheless, I need to remind you that it’s hard to prove the effectiveness of TCM in Evidence-based medicine. Since we seldom use single pure compound to treat patients, we use formula including 8-10+ herbs. If you go analyze each herbs with modern technology, they often contain more than 20 compounds. That makes research even more difficult. That’s why TCM is so different from modern medicine. We provide personalized prescription, according to the distribution or amount of the Qi, blood, yin, yang in your body. We take history and feel the pulse, see your tongue to measure what can’t be measured by modern technology-- Qi, blood, yin, yang,etc. And we use herbal medicine and acupuncture to adjust them to a balance. In the report of WHO, it states: “From the viewpoint of modern medicine, the principal action of acupuncture is to regulate the function of the human body and to increase its resistance by enhancing the immune system and the antiphlogistic (counteracting inflammation), analgesic, antispastic, antishock and antiparalytic abilities of the body.” Some scientists try very hard to find out what is meridian and acupoints. They did the autopsy. Didn’t find anything. Because the ancient classics had already told us that the Qi only flow in a live body. That’s why they can’t find anything in a dead body.

I hope to introduce more of TCM to you guys, feel free to contact me at: joey0825 at gmail dot com

[quote=“外星人”]It seems as though the OP has disappeared / gone out to celebrate 雙十節. :slight_smile:

Having suffered from severe seasonal allergic rhinitis / hayfever for many many years, the question of how to treat it is something that I’ve been concerned with for a long time.

I’m not sure if the OP intends to use acupuncture to treat people’s allergy symptoms, but for anyone out there who’s interested in the efficacy of such treatments, here’s what the authors of a systematic review for the clinical effectiveness of acupuncture for allergic rhinitis have to say:

Here’s a link to the full meta-study:

A systematic review of the clinical effectiveness of acupuncture for allergic rhinitis
Jonathan Roberts, Aarnoud Huissoon, Janine Dretzke, Dechao Wang and Christopher Hyde
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, UK
biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/8/13/

For those interested in evidence-based techniques for treating allergy, there are several reasonably effective methods available, including desensitization immunotherapy.[/quote]

haha, thanks for sharing the new meaning of OMD.
The OMD here stands for Oriental Medicine Doctor.
We recognize ourselves in Taiwan as “中醫師”, meaning Chinese medicine doctor.
Although we’re Chinese medicine doctor, We also learn modern medicine during 7 years in medical school, 310 credits total.
We use Chinese herbs more than acupuncture in Taiwan, but it is reversed in Western country.
I’m glad that you share a good experience of acupuncture. Thank you!

[quote=“urodacus”]OMD: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark?

(it’s an old band from the 80s)[/quote]

1 Like

Thank you Ironlady, I’d be glad to help if you guys have any questions.
Forgive me if I’m too busy to answer your questions, I’ll reply ASAP when I have some time.
Drop me an email about your health issue. I know the medical systems in Taiwan and I can give you some suggestions.

From what I’ve seen, acupuncture has already been widely accepted in the west. I know of a few hospitals and clinics is my local region of the north east of England that provide acupuncture. My dad even had a go, for back and shoulder pain, and it seemed to have some positive effect. I also remember reading a few articles about acupuncture in Canada - of how local Chinese practitioners were kicking off about one thing or other. It might have been something to do with standardization or having qualifications, can’t remember.

What amazes me about acupuncture is how did it even come about? Where did someone get the idea that sticking needles into certain points would do anything at all? The concepts of qi and energy flow seem more like science fiction than ancient history.

雙十節快樂! (Though, belated, hope you’ll forgive me.)

Fair enough – please forgive my earlier assumption. (There are of course practitioners out there that use acupuncture for allergic rhinitis, so my apologies for assuming that your practice included this treatment.)

With regard to the herbs that you use in treatment of allergic rhinitis (AR), are you able to give specific details of the herbs that you use? If you have any specific clinical studies available documenting the use of these herbs, are you able to post references to them?

[quote]In December 1979, the World Health Organization published an extensive report of acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. WHO endorsed the use of acupuncture to treat 43 symptoms. In 1996, this was extended to 64 indications.
Here’s a WHO report of the effect of acupuncture, you guys might want to take a look. apps.who.int/medicinedocs/pdf/s4926e/s4926e.pdf
[/quote]

I’ve read through this report. It does seem that many of the cited research studies are no longer accessible (or are so old that they were never published in electronic form.) With regard to acupuncture, it seems clear that many earlier studies were poorly designed, or were later found to have suffered from publication bias.

The WHO, as a collection of national and international bodies, is unfortunately not immune to this bias.

To my knowledge, there have been over 3000 medical trials into the effectiveness of acupuncture.

From my understanding of the research, more modern trials and subsequent clinical reviews have discovered that in most cases:

[ul]
[li] true acupuncture and sham acupuncture treatments are no different in decreasing pain levels across multiple chronic pain disorders.[/li]
[li] where studies have shown a difference between sham and non-sham treatments, the difference could be accounted for by statistical error.[/li]
[li] the modest effect shown by acupuncture / sham acupuncture could be accounted for by the placebo effect.[/li][/ul]

Having said that, I’d be happy to be proven wrong on this.

Then I might ask, if you have no scientific evidence, then how do you know that it works? If the medicine is effective, then surely it’s possible to show that it’s effective through the means of clinical trials?

If research has not yet been performed on these compounds, does that mean you are trying untested medical formulations on your patients?

If Qi, blood, yin and yang cannot be measured, then how do you know these concepts exist?

Do you have any scientific evidence for the existence of Qi?

If scientists have tried very hard to find a physical basis for meridians and acupoints, but haven’t succeeded, on what basis can you claim that they exist?

With specific regard to acupoints, modern clinical studies (as far as I am aware) show that the precise position of acupuncture needles is not important, and has no bearing on the effect size. If there is no scientific or medical evidence to show that choice of acupuncture site makes a difference, then is there any reason to believe that these points are special?

Thanks for reading this far, and glad to have this open discussion with you. Hope you are enjoying the long weekend.

Hi Dr Jellyfish,

Thanks for your reply. The whole theory of meridian and collateral came from ancient times, when Chinese ancestors accidentally found that when they feel some sort of muscle pain or discomfort, they use rocks or stones to press on some part of the body, and the pain/symptoms relieved. This is just the beginning. And then they begin to do that again and again to treat some pain or diseases. Through hundreds of years, they found that some point is connected with others, that’s when the meridian in formed. Later they found that they can do more than just using stone to massage, they develop needles. Here’s nine different kinds of needles used in ancient times: 202.204.41.207/UploadFiles/Artic … 292451.jpg Althought I don’t know the detail of how they think of this idea, it must be very interesting. And in ancient times, they’re in a farmer society, they don’t have so many things (cell phone, lap top, video game, radio, TV, movies,etc.) that disturb them from observing their own body. They can feel some qi floating in their body (People who never concentrate on observing their own body might not feel the qi, sometimes average people can feel some imbalance qi distribution in their body.) and they can train themselves to manage the qi. A very simple example: when we get angry, our face turns red, which means the qi goes up to your face. It’s always qi before blood. Without qi, the blood will not be able to flow, without blood, the qi has no objective to push. (You could briefly regard qi as an energy) Get angry is an apparent example, there’s some qi flow that’s not so apparent that can cause some diseases.

It’s not practical for me to type all the theories of Traditional Chinese medicine in this forum, that would take too much time and I might not be able to write it clearer then some English TCM textbook. However, if you’re interested in TCM, you could google them and discuss with me, I’d be glad to do some discussion when I get off work.

I believe the intelligence of ancient people is no less then us. Although they don’t have high technology, they do create some marvelous things such as calendar system, astronomy, traditional medicine and so on. Although some are proven wrong or out of time in nowadays, the essence of these creation is still amazing. I hope my reply answer your questions. Thanks again for your reply!

[quote=“joey0825”]Hi Dr Jellyfish,

Thanks for your reply. The whole theory of meridian and collateral came from ancient times, when Chinese ancestors accidentally found that when they feel some sort of muscle pain or discomfort, they use rocks or stones to press on some part of the body, and the pain/symptoms relieved. This is just the beginning. And then they begin to do that again and again to treat some pain or diseases. Through hundreds of years, they found that some point is connected with others, that’s when the meridian in formed. Later they found that they can do more than just using stone to massage, they develop needles. Here’s nine different kinds of needles used in ancient times: 202.204.41.207/UploadFiles/Artic … 292451.jpg Althought I don’t know the detail of how they think of this idea, it must be very interesting. And in ancient times, they’re in a farmer society, they don’t have so many things (cell phone, lap top, video game, radio, TV, movies,etc.) that disturb them from observing their own body. They can feel some qi floating in their body (People who never concentrate on observing their own body might not feel the qi, sometimes average people can feel some imbalance qi distribution in their body.) and they can train themselves to manage the qi. A very simple example: when we get angry, our face turns red, which means the qi goes up to your face. It’s always qi before blood. Without qi, the blood will not be able to flow, without blood, the qi has no objective to push. (You could briefly regard qi as an energy) Get angry is an apparent example, there’s some qi flow that’s not so apparent that can cause some diseases.

It’s not practical for me to type all the theories of Traditional Chinese medicine in this forum, that would take too much time and I might not be able to write it clearer then some English TCM textbook. However, if you’re interested in TCM, you could google them and discuss with me, I’d be glad to do some discussion when I get off work.

I believe the intelligence of ancient people is no less then us. Although they don’t have high technology, they do create some marvelous things such as calendar system, astronomy, traditional medicine and so on. Although some are proven wrong or out of time in nowadays, the essence of these creation is still amazing. I hope my reply answer your questions. Thanks again for your reply!

[quote=“外星人”]
With regard to the herbs that you use in treatment of allergic rhinitis (AR), are you able to give specific details of the herbs that you use? If you have any specific clinical studies available documenting the use of these herbs, are you able to post references to them? [/quote]

Thanks for your reply. You brought out many good questions. These are also the questions I asked while I was a freshman in medical school. It’s really hard to learn both Traditional Chinese medicine and modern medicine. Two totally different thinking process, two totally non-related fundamental theories. We got messed up easily, thankfully, I now overcome that mess.

To answer your questions, I have to share with you what I know about TCM and modern medicine.
There’s a huge difference between TCM and modern medicine. The modern medicine emphasize on diseases, and develop drugs to cure the disease. On the contrary, TCM emphasize on the difference of individuals, and prescribe herbs to compose a formula to adjust human body to a stronger level to dispel disease.

In the treatment of allergic rhinitis with Chinese herbs, we don’t have a specific herb, not to mention a pure compound to treat patients with AR. What we do is to determine what causes the symptom of allergic rhinitis, and we prescribes approximately 6~10 herbs to adjust the body function to diminish the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. For example, I would probably prescribe: 桂枝、白芷、白芍、蒼耳子、黃芩、枳殼,etc. (according to the patient’s condition) for allergic rhinitis. These herbs are for better functioning of human bodies, not just treating the nose.

The problem of applying “Evidence-based medicine(EBM)” to Chinese medicine is that:[color=#0000FF] The real clinical practice of Chinese medicine has multiple variables, which can not be fully studied by single-variable clinical trials.[/color] People try to make the variable as simple as possible, however, when they do that, that’s far away from the spirit of Chinese medicine. To give an example, in an individualized formula, there’s mainly four parts of it:
“Jun君” (emperor) treats the main cause of the disease
“Chen臣” (minister) enhances the actions of “Jun” or treats accompanying symptoms
“Zuo佐” (adjuvant) reduces or eliminates possible toxic effects of the Jun or Chen herbs but also treats accompanying symptoms
“Shi使” (courier) helps to deliver or guide the other herbs to the target organs.
These four groups work together to strengthen the human body. If you choose only one herbs out of them to do a clinical trial, you might get a good quality EBM scientific paper, but that’s totally not what we do in daily practice. That’s the main problem when people try to apply EBM to TCM. Same situations happen to acupuncture study.

[quote]I’ve read through this report. It does seem that many of the cited research studies are no longer accessible (or are so old that they were never published in electronic form.) With regard to acupuncture, it seems clear that many earlier studies were poorly designed, or were later found to have suffered from publication bias.
The WHO, as a collection of national and international bodies, is unfortunately not immune to this bias.
To my knowledge, there have been over 3000 medical trials into the effectiveness of acupuncture.
From my understanding of the research, more modern trials and subsequent clinical reviews have discovered that in most cases:
[ul]
[li] true acupuncture and sham acupuncture treatments are no different in decreasing pain levels across multiple chronic pain disorders.[/li]
[li] where studies have shown a difference between sham and non-sham treatments, the difference could be accounted for by statistical error.[/li]
[li] the modest effect shown by acupuncture / sham acupuncture could be accounted for by the placebo effect.[/li][/ul]
Having said that, I’d be happy to be proven wrong on this.[/quote]

I honestly can’t find sufficient scientific papers to prove that every treatment I practice on patients are all evidence-based. However, I believe the wisdom of ancient Chinese and this medicine has survived more than 2,000 years. Before modern medicine came into China, TCM has guarded the health of all Chinese for thousands of years. You could even call it the biggest clinical trial in the history of the whole world. If it’s not working, it should have been abandoned long ago.

[quote]
Then I might ask, if you have no scientific evidence, then how do you know that it works? If the medicine is effective, then surely it’s possible to show that it’s effective through the means of clinical trials?[/quote]

Lots of physiology or pathology mechanism have not been fully understood, we still treat patients with modern medicine, right?
Lots of new drugs “proved” to be effective but got recalled a couple of months after go on market.
Not everything needs solid evidence in order to function well.
How conscious work is still not fully understood, we use it everyday, right?

We never prescribe exactly the same formula on different patients. We emphasize on individual differences. These herbs and acu-points has been tested for more than 2000 years, there should be no concern about safety. Every medicine has its own limits, even modern medicine can’t cure all kinds of diseases. We gotta know our advantages in order to make the most of them, and we also gotta know our limits so that we know when to transfer and consult other doctors. In the hospital I’m working, we cooperate with modern medicine doctors to treat cancer patients while they suffer from adverse effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as well as patients with all kinds of other diseases. Most of the cases work, some don’t. We gain lots of experience. We know we’re not almighty and we know what we’re good at. We’re humble and ready to create an environment where patients can get the best treatment choices.

Hundred of years ago, no one knows atoms, cells, bacteria,etc. but these things do exist, right?
You can’t say something doesn’t exist just because you can’t see it.
The thery of Qi, blood, yin and yang and other TCM fundamental theories have been guiding us to treat patients, and they have been refined during the past 2000+ years. That’s why we use it till now. Anyone could try their best to think of a better theory for us to follow to practice this medicine, but before that, these theories has been developed and proved to be effective in treating diseases. So we stick to them and pass them down to our offspring.

Before Newton talks about gravity, no one knows it, no one think of this idea, It does exist and it works perfectly, right?
Here’s a TED talk I’d like to share with you, maybe it’ll answer your questions:
ted.com/talks/john_lloyd_inv … _invisible
Thanks for your reply, I’m glad someone asked some important questions about TCM.
Thank you 外星人