Indigenous Women and Dating

I think they’re considering Taiwan a part of China :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Are you counting Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand with Miao? That’s cheating.

Miao is a name used in China as a blanket term for several ethnicities and languages, that is what you just asked me for

My wife is Amis. I agree that there very possibly won’t be any difference from other women in Taiwan. My wife has four sisters and even in this small group of women, there is incredible difference in each one of them.

One of the positives is that her parents were very, very cool when we dated and there was no issue when we decided to get married. Not from anyone in the family, actually.

A negative are small cues I perceive in the the way many other Taiwanese view Aborigines. To provide a random example, I was talking to this guy after cycling to the top of a mountain. We started talking about cycling in Hualien. He told me his wife is originally from Hualien and before I had a chance to say “me too!”, he added that while she’s from Hualien, she wasn’t an Aborigine. My Mandarin is decent and I’m good about picking up on social cues. The message that this wasn’t something that would be desirable was very clear. Of course I had to then add without hesitation that my wife is from Hualien and she is an Aborigine! Anyway, there’s lots of this kind of thing, but nothing like a daily occurrence or a big issue. But it’s there and it blindsides you from time to time.

4 Likes

Miao = Hmong I’m familiar with the term. And if it purely linguistic seems there is more mutual intelligibility then there are with Taiwanese aboriginals. Seems silly to lump them all together given how different their cultures are.

Now if we can stay on topic or do you need some sort of sticker or like a cookie in order to move on?

My sentiments exactly. I have had a very similar experience.

2 Likes

Hmong are one of the self designations that are put under the blanket term, yes. However there are other self designations under the same term.

You just lumped them all together in one blanket term.

I am not a nation state defining it’s ethnic minorities. Move on dude…

OK so one rule for you and another rule for other people who are ‘nation states’.

I get your point now

@Brianjones I’m confused I thought he was indigenous ? :sunglasses:

Yes because I am not granting benefits, free college etc. instead I’m responding to the topic about all Taiwanese aboriginals.

Do you have any experience with aboriginal girls? Or just here to troll?

Never a truer word spoken.

2 Likes

So when mainland Chinese people use a word - that they don’t actually use - to refer to “Taiwanese Aboriginals” it is because mainland Chinese people are nation states who are ‘granting benefits, free college etc’ ?

Or do you mean that mainland Chinese people in general should generally not use words? (that they don’t even use)

Sorry really I am having trouble following you.

I dated an Taiwanese aboriginal girl once.

No I am not. People keep changing the name of this thread. There are also removing the Chinese characters.

Frustrating and odd.

The people I met recently say they are 原住民.

1 Like

I see that it’s changed again since I made my comment…which makes my post look dumb because it’s accurate now.

Apologies.

Link?

Sorry:

https://outletdrift.com/

3 Likes

typical han chinese superiority. they should take a DNA test.

one of my chinese tutors was aboriginal. she only mentioned it once, otherwise i wouldn’t have thought of it. would love to do her. theres my contribution to the thread.

3 Likes

I have heard of this band but I can’t remember where or when.