Instant Pot (multi-use cooker)

You said your induction cooker was

Well the wiring I plug into is rated at 20 amps, so I don’t think it’s a problem. If I used a 5000w cooker I might be changing it to a thicker wire gauge (or double up on the wires).

The website claims that it’s 10, although I suspect that might be a slight exaggeration for marketing reasons (like washing powder or whatever claiming to be “7 in 1” etc., all of which fall under the umbrella of “cleaning clothes”).

I think it’s basically overheating sensor, over pressure sensor and the weighted pressure valve.

Here it is…
Steam Release, Anti-Block Shield, Safety Lid Lock, Lid Position Detection, Automatic Temperature Control, Overheat (Burn) Protection, Automatic Pressure Control, Electrical Fuse, Thermal Fuse, Leaky Lid Detection; see website for details

I brought mine over from the states. Why not. You’ll save some money.

Yes. Bring 2 and sell one…to me!

Bring it. The instantpot available at costco is in chinese and outdated. Bring accessories and spices too.
I bought mine from Amazon and got it shipped through MyUS.com. Worth importing one or… bringing it in your case.

1 Like

What spices are you referring to here? I cook quite a lot, and the only thing I’ve found that’s hard (not impossible) to get here is annatto seeds.

1 Like

The 8 qt version with air fryer on Amazon sells for 170 USD and ships FREE to Taiwan. Arrives mid April.

Edit:
Sorry, had wrong shipping address inputed. This one does not ship free.

I have not seen Amazon ship free to Taiwan. Maybe if you have lived in the US you probably saw free shipping because amazon thinks you wanted to ship to an address in the US.

Wouldn’t the NT$2k limit for import duty also likely be a problem?

Yea, and ask me why I buy from Taobao.

No 2000nt limit. Little, if any duties, low shipping, no luosuo American sellers who won’t ship to you because you don’t belong to their elite club of countries… And still more or less the same stuff…

They do on some items.

here is one example…

1 Like

more than 2 months to get it?

They must be shipping it with toy boat drones…

Yeah, bad example.
Was on my recommendations screen.
Other items ship much faster.

1 Like

Why is there no 2000 ntd limit on Taobao?

2 Likes

There is, but duty is really low (and you can prepay them at 2rmb per kg).

You prepay the duty on Amazon too. It’s almost always more than the actual duty, and they refund the difference.

I guess duties from China must be low. The time I got hit with duty it has always been really low

That’s my experience too. I recently had a shipment from China, almost NT$20,000. No duty at all.