Is Vaping Completely Banned in Taiwan Now?

No, but it should be.

Well I may have gone …the vaping part would be ok , but my heart wouldn’t stand the “ sexy girls” part :pensive:

not just any ordinary sexy girls… these are “special” ones

I don’t know if it’s illegal but there’s some vaping stores popping up in Taipei, like this one:

My car wash guy sells vape machines and vape juice.

I spotted the first no vaping sign next to a no smoking sign outside an elementary school.

I went to 3 vape shops today. 2 out of the 3 were willing to sell me vape juice with nicotine in it. I just started out a conversation, asked about nicotine juice, nicely asked why it was illegal and asked for their opinion if it made sense, made it clear I agreed with them, and then asked where I could get vape juice with nicotine.

1 Like

Anybody know why so many vape shops have opened recently ?
Is it cos of the enforcement of no smoking outside the convenience stores ?
What gives?
I saw three stores open in the area within the last two months.

What do people think of this industry ?
Comparable to coffeeshops addicting their customers ? A harmless hobby.
Or shady ?

Triads, money laundering! They need to stay up to date. First it’s Pachinko, tea shops, claw machines … Easy to funnel around money.

Whether they are good or bad depends on the clients. If these are people who currently smoke, the vape shops are an enormous good, not just for them, but for society. If the clients are not smokers, it is not good. People shouldn’t get addicted because if they don’t smoke cigarettes, they probably won’t take the time to seek out the nicotine juice. But it’s never good to put things in your body that aren’t needed.

2 Likes

If it’s the triads money laundering, does that make it more or less likely they sell nicotine juice illegally imported from the US?

I think that it is coming from China, am I wrong ?

There’s a couple of big brands in this area from the US too.

I’m curious about how vapers select the brands and the ‘juice’ they use. Word of mouth ?
Is it an expensive or cheap habit ?
Can you tell how much nicotine is in there easily ?
Is there a subculture of vapers doing any weird stuff :sunglasses:?
Are you not afraid of them blowing up in your face :grin:.

In my experience, the majority of the juice I’ve bought has come from China. This sucks because, as with many things in China, it is very unregulated. You can buy 2 versions of the same juice and they will look and taste different.

Word of mouth, yes, but for me, it’s mostly what is available.

It depends on the device you use and how often you vape. It is generally more expensive than smoking cigs (at least in Taiwan).

Yes. You can buy e-juice with varying amounts of nicotine. There is a clear difference between juice with and without nicotine. It feels different on your throat and affects your body in the way that a cig would.

Not personally involved with it in any way, but there are a lot of people on Instagram that do all sorts of vape “tricks” with the smoke they exhale.

Not really. I probably should be, but if you actually consider how many people vape and how many devices have exploded, the percentage is not that high. I realize this isn’t great logic, but it’s the same as how anyone rationalizes their bad behavior.

1 Like

Interesting thanks…

How about the new lung problems they discovered when vaping?

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds terrible. Honestly though, don’t think a lot about it, the same way I didn’t think about lung cancer while smoking or liver failure while drinking.

In the US I’ve never seen any vape juice from China. When I went shopping yesterday in Taipei, I didn’t see any non-nicotine juice from China. They were from Japan, mostly, but also some from the US. I know people buy nicotine juice from China on Taobao, but the stuff I bought yesterday was from the US. The US stuff is generally with very few additives, clean, and it is always marked so you know how much nicotine is in it. There can be some variation from what the packaging says, but the US stuff is usually good, and I’ve never experienced an issue. My vape kit cost US$40, and I would spend about US$12/month on juice and less than US$5 on the filter thingy you need to change. The kit I have is from a big, established brand, so I’m not worried about it blowing up. I also don’t use one of those cloud machine vapes, and I think those are the ones that have issues. There is a culture around it, but I don’t know much about it other than they seem to want the biggest, fruitiest cloud possible.

2 Likes

I’m just thinking in the future they could add all sorts of other stuff in there, like other psychotropic drugs, just spit balling here.

Well, in some states in the US you can legally buy THC vape juice. I’m sure some people are adding other stuff.

1 Like

Hmmm

1 Like