Is Vaping Completely Banned in Taiwan Now?

If you take into account that women in Taiwan have a higher risk of lung disease/cancer from inhaling cooking oil it is probable that people vaping oils could be at risk too.

Nice article. The article makes it sound like a huge number of people were made sick in Milwaukee, but then links the issues nationwide and makes sure to include people who may have vaped months ago. Through in dash of anti-pot analysis, and then focus on the huge evil that is juul and underage vaping and all the lawsuits. These guys are just journalisming all over the place.

I guess that inhaling burned oils is not the best thing for lungs.

Must not be banned in Taiwan because I saw a store outside Furen university MRT station that says in huge peppers Vape Shop.

And I’m seeing so many people vaping too

you know in Taiwan people do many banned things as if there is no restriction.

I think only vape juice with nicotine is banned. But people still sell it.

By that reasoning there’s probably a storefront selling real firearms and ammunition no questions asked…

That is my experience and understanding.

" … those containing nicotine are banned in Taiwan under the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act (藥事法), while the Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act (菸害防制法) covers all forms of the product, even without nicotine, the center said."

Plain and simple!

1 Like

They can’t “sell” nicotine. But that certainly doesn’t stop them from “gifting” it if you buy vape juice.

The problem with that is following:
while the Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act (菸害防制法) covers all forms of the product, even without nicotine, the center said.”

The quote seems to be from this article:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2019/10/17/2003724094

It seems to me that the quote is not clear at all in terms of this threads question: “all forms of the product” most likely means “all forms of tobacco products”, no?

Thus, Vapes without any nicotine, which are also not tobacco based, should not fall under either of the two mentioned laws.

And this kind is all I ever saw on open sale in those many vape shops: vaporizers and non-tobacco non-nicotine liquids.

I doubt these are completely without any health risks, but at least these should be both legal, and seemingly not related to the many reported cases of health issues after vaping in the US (as far as I can tell these were for tobacco based products, often even illegal ones with THC)

it might be violation of Article 14 of the Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act.

Article 14
No person shall manufacture, import or sell candies, snacks, toys or any other objects in form of tobacco products.

1 Like

Article 14
No person shall manufacture, import or sell candies, snacks, toys or any other objects in form of tobacco products.

Indeed, that could happen if the vaping device imitates the look of a tobacco products. Very few do, as far as I can tell.

Anyway: Clever. And funny. Thanks!

Doesn’t stop them regardless.

I guess the ‘vaping clubs’ are there to launder money.

Vaping juice with high strength Cannabis names (Kush ‘African weed’ Durban Poison ‘Jamaican weed’ Engine Oil ‘Dutch weed’)

1 Like

I don’t think you can get away with this in Taiwan, you get jailed for importing toasted poppy seeds for baking.

Most disturbing, there are 3 brand new vale shops in my area. They do look suspicious, empty most of the time of goods and customers…yet somehow managing to pay the rent fees in a highly priced area close to mrt station, main road, big place over 30 ping.

Money laundering, all smoke … or is it vape?