Israel and Palestine conflict 2021

It is just a fact that Eastern religions are either introspective (Buddhism) or materialistic (Chinese and Japanese folk religions). Even in the Middle Ages there were rarely any religiously-charged conflicts in China and Japan unlike in Europe and the Middle East where everything was ALL about religious faith.

1 Like

Iā€™m not arguing the larger point, but found this interesting: Buddhism and violence - Wikipedia

1 Like

Completely ignoring the fact that it started with Hamas firing 6 rockets at Jerusalem (on the Israeli Jerusalem Day celebration).

1 Like

Completely ignoring the blockade on Gaza, an act of war, since 2006.

1 Like

The arguments here from Americans are mostly SO predictable. You just take your talking points from political TV pundits . Not even worth reading most of the comments.

3 Likes

Amazing the restraint Israel is showing thanks to the Iron Dome. If they didnā€™t have that technology and the death toll was in the thousands there wouldnā€™t be much of Gaza left.

1 Like

Youā€™re not talking about me, are you?

Iā€™m keeping it general , itā€™s just an observation as I wandered into this thread.
The comments predictable split almost completely along American conservative liberal divide just like many other random topics .

Which doesnā€™t make sense to meā€¦But makes sense for people who use it to filter all facts before them.

What do I think about the virus (check TV pundit channel)

What do I think about Israel (ehā€¦Check TV pundit channel) .

ā€˜Thems our good guysā€™
Thems our bad guysā€™

Repeat ad nauseum.

2 Likes

Oh, so weā€™re just going to play this game of ā€œwho started it first?ā€. Could be entertaining but would eventually invalidate your attempt of portraying Israel as an evil aggressor.

Also, implying a terrorist organization adhering to any international laws of conflict. Made me chuckle.

Both sides are committing war crimes.

1 Like

I donā€™t watch TV.

Internet pundits ā€¦Same thing.
Itā€™s boring and very predictable. Iā€™m not going to name posters but some are obviously 100% committed to their political talking points from on high and then start pontificating to the rest of us lol .

Not even Israeli or Palestinian.

1 Like

Yup. People canā€™t think for themselves.

So if itā€™s so boring why do you keep commenting that it is? If you feel you have anything to say other than assert your own superiority, please do so.

2 Likes

I get bored from listening to people parrot partisan talking points too.

I wanted to make that observation from outside the usual discourse. If you donā€™t like it well not my problemā€¦

On both sides civilians are getting hurt. There is a clear distinction though:
One side is deliberately firing on civilian targets to cause as much damage and loss of life as possible, while the other side doing all possible efforts to protect itself while attempting to cause as little damage as possible to the civilian population.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see it. I see a nasty and brutal war and innocent people and kids getting bombed in their houses.

Thought experiment time.

If the Jews turned out to be the Palestinians and the Palestinians occupying the Jewish lands, and then this whole thing broke out in reverseā€¦Who would be the bad guys ?

3 Likes