Israel/Gaza conflict

That must be why all the terrorists come from Turkey and Egypt and Indonesia, some of the Muslim world’s most populous countries, right???

And that’s also why a full 25% of human beings are either terrorists or associated with terrorists! You’re on to something.[/quote]

In my country, the mainstrean media supports Israel. There are 14 dead in one side and 200 in the other in one day… you guess which one makes the headlines.[/quote]

Israel could carpet bomb Gaza if they wanted to, they don’t, despite every justification…? Israel are playing by the rules. Hamas, aka internationally recognised terrorist group, aren’t!

You’re always the furthest behind the curve in any and all conversations on this forum, why should this one be any different?

It’s easy to comprehend, I just think it’s an incorrect and quite weird assertion. Unless of course you’re not a human being, then it might make some sense, but I just assumed that anybody reading is likely a human being… I’m sure if dolphins could speak, they would likely say dolphins are the most important, but neither here nor there. So regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, it’s either a) god says humans are the most important, or b) from an evolutionary standpoint it’s perfectly reasonable to place your own species on the top of the importance pile.

PS: mods should split this thread off and send it to the open forum or something. This whole, humans are somehow not the most important species is pretty interesting. Not sure if I’ve ever heard someone suggest such a thing :bravo:

[quote]Currently, every western civilised country in the world has suffered from muslim
immigration or terrorism
.[/quote]

You know, those two words aren’t really close enough in meaning to just toss em in there together. That’s not even apples and oranges, it’s more like apples and cyanide. Let’s break it down for you. Immigration, good. Terrorism, bad. Definitely two different things :slight_smile:

You’re always the furthest behind the curve in any and all conversations on this forum, why should this one be any different?

It’s easy to comprehend, I just think it’s an incorrect and quite weird assertion. Unless of course you’re not a human being, then it might make some sense, but I just assumed that anybody reading is likely a human being… I’m sure if dolphins could speak, they would likely say dolphins are the most important, but neither here nor there. So regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, it’s either a) god says humans are the most important, or b) from an evolutionary standpoint it’s perfectly reasonable to place your own species on the top of the importance pile.

PS: mods should split this thread off and send it to the open forum or something. This whole, humans are somehow not the most important species is pretty interesting. Not sure if I’ve ever heard someone suggest such a thing :bravo:

[quote]Currently, every western civilised country in the world has suffered from muslim
immigration or terrorism
.[/quote]

You know, those two words aren’t really close enough in meaning to just toss em in there together. That’s not even apples and oranges, it’s more like apples and cyanide. Let’s break it down for you. Immigration, good. Terrorism, bad. Definitely two different things :slight_smile:[/quote]

I always get bored after an opening lefty, tree hugging remark like yours and never read any further.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

[quote=“Moon Shine”]
Israel could carpet bomb Gaza if they wanted to, [/quote]
And that’s what they are doing pretty much. Shooting at hospitals, at schools, at markets during a ceasefire… fuck Israel. I’m no friend of the fuckin’ Koran and the shitheads that are usually its followers, but Israel should burn in Hell.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Moon Shine”]
And that’s what they are doing pretty much. Shooting at hospitals, at schools, at markets during a ceasefire… fuck Israel. I’m no friend of the fuckin’ Koran and the shitheads that are usually its followers, but Israel should burn in Hell.[/quote]

The normal response from a radical muslim. What chance of peace :frowning:

[quote=“Moon Shine”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Moon Shine”]
And that’s what they are doing pretty much. Shooting at hospitals, at schools, at markets during a ceasefire… fuck Israel. I’m no friend of the fuckin’ Koran and the shitheads that are usually its followers, but Israel should burn in Hell.[/quote]

The normal response from a radical muslim. What chance of peace :-([/quote]
jesus80 a radical muslim? Are you high?

Given the choice, I’m on the side of the civilised and not the savage!

LOL. Yeah, I’m a radical muslim.

My point is, sionists as such a motherfuckers, fuckin’ whenever they get a chance, yet still crying babies complaining about people hating them “oh, we the chosen ones are always hated everywhere, FOR NO REASON! let’s occupy someone’s lands and kill the locals, we are the chosen ones, we have been prosecuted all our history, WE DESERVE WHATEVER WE WANT”.

I repeat it: about the most disgusting people in the world. Yeah, along with some other muslim countries. But Israel scores very high.

Jesus, you should gain a more nuanced view.

Moon Shine, you strike me as the kind who only reads news sites that conveniently reinforce your point of view.

Precisely because Israel should be already a civilised country and people, the fact that it’s the country with more mother fuckers per square meter is specially disgusting. No excuse. They are full of shit.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Jesus, you should gain a more nuanced view.

Moon Shine, you strike me as the kind who only reads news sites that conveniently reinforce your point of view.[/quote]

Show me a ‘credible’ other.?

Israel have the Iron Dome. “Palestine” has Allah, ‘the best of protectors’!
And he exists, really, it says so in the Quran!

I’m a English atheist, by the way…

So you think he can read? Interesting, let’s agree to disagree :laughing:

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Jesus, you should gain a more nuanced view.

Moon Shine, you strike me as the kind who only reads news sites that conveniently reinforce your point of view.[/quote]

Again, you have people from the UNO there complaining about the arbitrarity and brutality of the attacks perpetrated by Israel. They are killing thousands of innocent people there. It’s not a war, it is a massacre, it is genocide.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]Jesus, you should gain a more nuanced view.

Again, you have people from the UNO there complaining about the arbitrarity and brutality of the attacks perpetrated by Israel. They are killing thousands of innocent people there. It’s not a war, it is a massacre, it is genocide.[/quote]

And it will never stop until one side has eliminated the other. I.6 billion muslims verses a few 100 million Israelis…?

Israel occupies 0.002% of the planet and muslims, 25%, so it’s all about occupation…?

It’s all about muslim hatred of anyone who isn’t muslim!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next!

Trojan horse…?

That was pretty retarded, but for some reason, it didn’t surprise me that you made such a retarded point.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Moon Shine”]
Israel occupies 0.002% of the planet and muslims, 25%, so it’s all about occupation…?
[/quote]
That was pretty retarded, but for some reason, it didn’t surprise me that you made such a retarded point.[/quote]

Quote your source…

How could someone be so blind?

youtube.com/watch?v=cX8szNPgrEs

[quote=“Moon Shine”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Moon Shine”]
[/quote]
That was pretty retarded, but for some reason, it didn’t surprise me that you made such a retarded point.[/quote]

Quote your source…

How could someone be so blind?

youtube.com/watch?v=cX8szNPgrEs[/quote]
And of course you are oblivious to the reason that makes your point idiotic.

If it were genocide, there wouldn’t be a single Palestinian alive as of 20 years ago. The Israeli armed forces are very good at what they do.

Leaving out the complicated background, let’s look at the issues that led up to this current bout. Tell me at which point you think Israeli crosses the line.

• Israeli settlers living in West Bank get kidnapped (Let’s say you’re against Israeli settlers being there in the first place. That’s a legitimate viewpoint. But it’s also irrelevant. The point is they are there, and three teenagers got kidnapped.)

• Hamas praises kidnapping as heroic.

• Israel blames Hamas, which doesn’t take credit.

• Teenagers found dead. Crazy right-wing Israeli citizens seek revenge by killing a Palestinian boy.

• Hamas begins firing rockets into Israel in retaliation for killing.

• Israel launches air strikes to stop rocket firing. Many civilian deaths ensue and homes are destroyed, but the rockets are still being shot into Israel.

• Hamas militants get into Israeli territory using tunnels.

• Israel sends in ground forces to locate the tunnels and close them. An astounding number of Palestinians die, along with a couple dozen Israelis.

• The rockets are still being shot into Israel.

I don’t really know what could be done differently. I’m not condoning it, but I legitimately just don’t know how to solve this problem.

Hok, it has been well established that Hamas did not kidnap the boys, and also that the Israeli government both knew this and knew the boys were dead when they were whipping up public sentiment.

So yeah, the line was crossed at the start.

Also you can’t just pretend that the presence of settlers is something that can be ignored. Nor that closing tunnels is somehow at the root of the massively disproportionate number of Gazans and civilians killed.

By the way if you think that the West Bank settlements are legit then you believe this is Israeli territory and well, then it gets a whole lot worse for Israel as they are now bombing their own people who just happen to resent being kept in third-class status simply because of their race. Nice. Not even China does that with the Uighurs in Xinjiang. Instead they continue to pour billions into development in an attempt to win hearts and minds and deal with terrorism as a domestic issue. There’s been no military retaliation toward civilians for example for dozens of deaths this year of Han both in Xinjiang and without by Uighur separatists. There’s at least 100 attacks a year on police and military bases a year and yet there haven’t been any villages bombed that I know of. Kangaroo trails and hangings yes, but no systematic slaughter by the far more powerful Chinese.

Once again, the problem stems from Israel trying to have it all ways: keep the land, but ignore the inconvenient people on it, and when they rebel treat them as a foreign army.

I agree the settlers are out of line. Don’t get me wrong. I just don’t want the discussion to devolve into “This is what should have been 10 years ago.” That’s a worthy discussion to have, but it doesn’t help resolve the current crisis.

I also believe that even if the government didn’t whip up public sentiment, some of the more crazy right-wingers still may have killed a Palestinian boy. Obviously, this is where things went wrong, but the government didn’t exactly tell them “Go forth and murder.”