Joe Biden: U.S. President

just to be clear, when you write:

are you suggesting that your totally fool-proof radar is picking up paid anti-biden posters on Forumosa? Because it looks like that’s what you’re writing, but of course I could be wrong…

I believe it’s definitely possible, that are are not just anti-Biden posters, but anti-US posters here.

I respect their right to free speech of course, just as they can respect mine.

I also respect reader’s intelligence enough to figure out the details on their own. I personally don’t believe my time is well-spent fixating on individuals either. :brain:

isn’t this thread devoted to an individual?

Real loud voice there. Can’t believe the country didn’t listen to, at that time, just another politician.

One month from concept to product, ya he’s super.

You’ve no idea how long these things take to hammer out, huh?

Biden’s competency? He’s been in politics for near on 50 years.

@Mick let’s suppose I will just go ahead and agree with you that Biden is just as senile/addled as Trump was during his presidency.

Yet…the US is undoubtedly seen in a much better light under Biden than under Trump thus far. Could it be that the ideology pushed by Biden et al is a much more palatable ideology for the world at large than the ideology pushed by Trump et al? You can try to poke holes in Biden all you want, and even continue engaging in the fantasy that his son will go to prison, but at the end of the day I think it is important for you to realize - as much as you don’t like it - that the US is finding itself again on the international stage and is standing up to its adversaries instead of - at the presidential level at least - idolizing them.

3 Likes

Blanket dismissals, excellent work.

Oh sorry, I meant fixating on individual posters isn’t my jam. Even though I get followed around here more than my dog does it. :sweat_smile:

Have a great day, my people are calling.

OK buddy, you have a good one!

I look at it more as a focused dismissal of your ability to discern real from not.

Trump had other problems, arguably his faults were with him his entire life, but the MSM overplayed their hand with 24/7 non stop negativity aimed at trying to destroy him, as did just about everybody in Washington, many criticisms of him were fair. Many were not.

Biden is what the corporate pandering politicians and Washington want and hoped for, they couldn’t care a less if he is drooling and mumbling incoherently at all, because he is not running the show. There are many competent people in the grand scheme of things.

With the risk of whataboutisim with Trump and with the troubles Biden faced with influence peddling regarding his son, it seems Bidens hiring practice is raising some eyebrows. See here

While the article notes,

Cathy Russell, director of presidential personnel in the White House, has a daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated from college in 2019 and works on the White House National Security Council. Sarah Donilon’s uncle, Mike Donilon, is a senior adviser to Biden in the White House.

So, mum does the hiring over at the White House, the uncle is senior advisor to the President and the daughter is on the White House National Security Council.

Yet they fail to note who Cathy Russell’s husband, Sarah Donilon’s father and Mike Donilon’s brother is. Do you know?

Seems like you already know why this is a ridiculous argument to make or to pretend to care about given the context. Focusing on Hunter Biden was a losing strategy from the start and still is. Nobody cares about his son because he wasn’t making him part of his admin or in charge of middle east peace, poverty, healthcare or whatever else. Nepotism in the Trump admin was blatant and on full display.

2 Likes

I knew your reply, you didn’t answer the question though.

State the relevance. Anyone can Google and find a whole list of posts in previous administrations from Cathy Russell to her father. They are career civil servants, and many times career civil servants are related. Once upon time, that wasn’t a bad word.

What difference does it make? In fact, there’s much more risk in putting people in charge of something for which they have zero experience. But ya know they ran a family business so…that’s the same as running a country.

Well just so happens he runs a division for BlackRock an investment firm with 8+ trillion dollars on money to play with. Of course he’s politically connected to everyone. That’s how it works, the insiders in Washington get places on boards of the corporations who write the laws who politicians pass and the corporations back them financially. They don’t care about you. Wives, sons, daughters on big tech boards, investment firms, media outlets, they control everything.

But that’s the nature of Washington, it’s one big happy family and you and I are not a part of it. People like you have more in common with you neighbor whatever political affiliation, people should not be divided by politics at all. Yet far to many are.

The people inside Washington despise those outside it regardless of your politics, my politics or your neighbors politics.

1 Like

Still ironic coming from a staunch defender of Trump - the guy funneled money through his hotels, coerced foreign governments to bail him out, forced events at Mar A Lago and other resorts, and increased fees to access his influence. I don’t know how you expect people to never work in the private sector. Career civil servants you call “deep state” then if they work in the private sector they’re part of a Soros Cabbal. But blatant self promotion, self enrichment, and nepotism while in office? No problem!

1 Like

I defended him against stupidity like “both sides” when the next sentence he says “I am not talking about neo nazi’s or white supremacists who should be condemned”, or “har har, he said to drink blech”, anyway. I criticised him when he did or said stupid thing or the media put a kid up on the screen for no other reason than he wears a red hate because they are trying to incite hate or the medias bullshit over a dossier.

I will say those that thought Trump could come in and make a difference underestimated the complete wall of resistance he encountered, even from people he recruited and those around around him.

I know you have an “orange man bad” mentality so this question is not aimed at you, but if anyone else foresaw just how utterly brutal every corner of Washington was going to be, please raise your hand, because I didn’t see that coming.

But this is the Joe Biden thread, you and @mups can’t talk about anything except though the lenses of Trump so, Im out of here. Everything is left vs right, boring!!!

Underestimated the complete lack of qualifications or understanding of the constitution, diplomacy, history, basic domestic and global policies.

Don’t diminish others concerns because you so easily downplay the dangers of putting an unqualified, let’s face it moron, in office. He’s good at branding that’s it so that’s where he should remain. Nothing to do with the man and everything to do with concern for the country and world. You wouldn’t let Wesley Snipes or Nicholas Cage run an investment bank would ya? So vote like you hire for a job. Qualifications matter.

The hypocrisy is thick and spinning your defense of Trump as others have TDS or whatever is beneath you.

I’m sorry you can’t find any real criticisms of Biden and must rely on this dementia trope.

2 Likes

Yeah this exactly. It depresses me how this is not clear-as-day obvious to some people. What did they expect?

1 Like

There’s plenty to criticize, I’m just not obsessive about it, I brought up a conflict in interest with close advisors who are linked through family to perhaps the largest investor firm in the world with trillions of investments, 1000’s of times the entire Trump wealth and the response was to ignore it and reply “whatabout Trump, what about Trump, he had people stay at Maralago” it’s childish, I think I have a post somewhere critical of that, but at least I stay on topic, unlike some.

My point a couple of posts back, was people should look for what they have in common in others, accept people have different political beliefs, this tribal mentality is not healthy, unable to digest information about your guy without resorting to whataboutism. I would push back against turning one group against another, we are in in this together and perhaps I am suggesting, you might want to hold Washington to account and want to see transparency from them and the media to reflect reality better than they do.

That’s because it’s old news. Don’t pretend to be so naive. Just because someone works at a firm after public service or vice versa does not indicate something nefarious. Once you are successful, you continue to be successful. Normal people do it all the time.

Ever heard of Goldman Sachs? Railing on and on about Deep State and the swamp is just hypocritical. That’s worth pointing out as is blatant nepotism.

The selection of Steve Mnuchin as Treasury Secretary makes the second-generation Goldman partner (his father Robert Mnuchin was also a partner) the second of the firm’s alums to secure a position in Donald Trump’s administration: campaign strategist, Breitbart executive chair and one-time Goldman investment banker Steve Bannon is serving as chief strategist and senior counselor in the new administration (counselor to the president was a cabinet-level position until 1993).

Then we are agreed stop turning a blind eye to blatant hypocrisy and hold both sides accountable. So and so works for BlackRock…And?? So what?

Presidents (most) divest interests as they should, public servants are barred from lobbying. If you want to provide a smoking gun, prove someone got shot first.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-lobbying-ban-washington-corruption-b1832608.html%3Famp

2 Likes

There is no hypocrisy, this is the Joe Biden Presidency, that is what we are talking about now. When it was the Trump Presidency we talked about that and as I pointed out recall criticizing Trump for cashing in with hosting foreign leaders at Maralargo.

True he brought in measures to stop direct family member involvement but not the family members of others and people are noticing.

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1405887696220925956

Thats the case I mentioned, which doesn’t even reference the muliti trillion dollar firm the brother/husband/father works for which your reply was “so what”, at least Obama’s former Office of Government Ethics get’s it, even you don’t.

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1405895774328836097

:grinning: I forgot that one. You should read the whole thread.

Before you reply “whatabout Trump” I can tell you Obama’s former Office of Government Ethics detests Trump and thinks he was way worse. So if that is what you are going to reply with, beat you to it.

1 Like