Joe Biden: U.S. President

I’ve fallen and I can’t get up

2 Likes

Gandalf down! I repeat, Gandalf down!

And in real news,

That was weird. He didn’t put his feet down.

I once tried to teach a guy to ride a scooter and he kept putting his feet up before he accelerated. This meant he kept falling down.

I’m going to phone him and tell him that he could maybe be the president one day.

Foot apparently got caught in the cage.

emphasized texthttps://www.cnn.com/2022/06/16/media/biden-ap-interview-reliable-sources/index.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

This is an interesting way to put something. It’s seems forced and deliberate, something a master politician would say, in a friendly interview.

Biden brought up the impending SCOTUS ruling about abortion on his own, and then he circled back to it later, too: “Even people who are not pro-choice are going to find it really, really off the wall when a woman goes across the state lines and she gets arrested for where she’s going.”

Who’s going to arrest her? Her own state’s police? On her way out of the state? At the border? Airports? Questioned by whom? Papers? :crazy_face:

This is hyperbolic horseshit, akin to black Joe’s “They gonna put y’all back in chains” horseshit.

1 Like

:yawning_face:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-06-22/supply-chain-latest-asia-s-supply-disruptions-are-starting-to-heal

An annual report produced by Kearney for the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals found that the logistics industry, which accounted for 8% of the US economy last year, still needs time to heal.

“We anticipate COVID-related supply chain disruptions to decline at the end of 2023 with a return to balance sometime in late 2024,” the report stated. “More pronounced impacts of reshoring and nearshoring will also become visible by 2025.”

Driving Inflation
Supply issues account for half of the recent rise in prices

Supply constraints, exacerbated by Russia’s war in Ukraine this year, account for about half of the surge in US inflation, with demand currently making up a third of the increase, according to new research from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Adam Hale Shapiro, an economist at the San Francisco Fed, wrote that “because supply shocks raise prices and suppress economic activity, the prevalence of supply-related factors raises the risk of entering a period of low growth and elevated inflation levels.” (Read the full story here.)

I’d guess that they won’t be so fast to shut down huge swaths of the economy, local and international, during the beginning of the next plague.

1 Like

Not so fast:

Exactly. Those trillions of dollars of free money had nothing to do with inflation. So all Democrats have to do now to get us over this inflation rough patch is to hand out another couple of trillion dollars and we’re home free.

I figure that’s how we’re “paying down the deficit” that is all the rage to say these days.

Analyzed pretty much correctly:

1 Like

Inflation is everywhere, global. Here’s a quote from YOU in October of 2021. So you get it…

You can only resolve it if you understand what is the main driver. I politically don’t agree with getting rid of the tariffs on China since I think that is a desperate move that won’t end well. I do think we need to open free trade with all alternative markets to China. And as far as logistics that is another tangled web which will take time to unravel.

But yeah keep going with stimulus money, which was both parties. You can only use that as an excuse for so long.

Since stimulus money doesn’t cause inflation I’m confused why Democrats such aren’t recommending another round to get us out of this inflation mess. What’s the problem with another couple of trillion dollars to help people pay for necessities again like gas, food, rent etc?

1 Like

Right. The Democrats should offer more stimulus money to help stop inflation in the UK.

Since supply chain has nothing to do with it, they can use that money to order whatever they want and get it here in no time!

Holy s—-! That’s genius. Not only does stimulus money not cause inflation, it actually stops it. I had no clue. All the more reason for Democrats to start clamoring for another round of free money asap before the Fed screws things up with a misguided recession.

Exactly because the Democrats came up with the stimulus in the first place in 2020 and definitely not the Republicans. Good thing they also did that tax cut in the middle of an economic boom first to make sure we had extra high deficits saved for a rainy day.

How else can they keep those welfare queens and illegal immigrants motivated to vote?

When you’re snarky to other people, it is hilarious.

1 Like

Not so fast. Nancy must not have gotten dealt in.