Joe Biden: U.S. President

Kill the red hats.

Sure, this kid is only 3 years old, but if a kid his age can make the life changing decision to switch genders, he can be held accountable for his hat.

I don’t thinking anyone is saying this. Except perhaps some online trolls? I guess if you go looking on twitter, you can find just about anyone saying anything, so I guess I cannot say with 100% confidence that no-one is saying or has said that before…

This has delusions of persecution written all over it. Some Evangelicals have gotten to be professionals at it. Really an interesting intersection between the MAGA faction and the Holy Rollers faction of the Republican tent.

I think you’d probably be right. That’s the joke. Biden and the media need MAGA voters and DJT.

I don’t know about this.

I don’t think it’s a delusion when people are singled out of the populace for a slogan and a hat. The whole speech was meant to provoke morons to act up wearing their stupid hats.

Joe Biden is not a statesman. He’s a self-serving old man whose legacy will be the mopping up operations the Democrats will have to perform for the next 2 election cycles.

Wut in the cryptic hell are you talking about? :laughing:

But Joe said it was Putin’s gas hike. Gas is down. What’s it now?

Where would the right wing be without victimization and culture wars? They might have to stand for something and run on actual policies.

Biden stated clearly four traits that represent a threat to democracy, all to do with support for overturning elections and political violence. Nothing to do with wearing a red hat.

Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.

Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.

But there is no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven, and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans, and that is a threat to this country.

And here, in my view, is what is true: MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people.

MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards — backwards to an America where there is no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love.

MAGA Republicans have made their choice. They embrace anger. They thrive on chaos. They live not in the light of truth but in the shadow of lies.

Democrats, independents, mainstream Republicans: We must be stronger, more determined, and more committed to saving American democracy than MAGA Republicans are to — to destroying American democracy.

2 Likes

Filthy fascists.

1 Like

Oh look you even reposted a picture of a three year old for emotional effect. Biden must be talking about that boy because the picture is right after your quotes.

Now where does he say anyone wearing a red hat is a MAGA Republican? He’s made a clear distinction between MAGA and mainstream normal Republicans. I doubt the 3 year old supports political violence.

They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fan the flames of political violence that are a threat to our personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.

They look at the mob that stormed the United States Capitol on January 6th — brutally attacking law enforcement — not as insurrectionists who placed a dagger to the throat of our democracy, but they look at them as patriots.

And they see their MAGA failure to stop a peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 election as preparation for the 2022 and 2024 elections.

They tried everything last time to nullify the votes of 81 million people. This time, they’re determined to succeed in thwarting the will of the people.

Did that three year old promote violence, call Jan. 6 rioters as patriots, and try to nullify votes of 81 million people?

I appreciate calling out extremism. You can save the misleading emotional appeals for people who like to take things out of context.

1 Like

Honestly think Biden should try harder to differentiate between the rank-and-file Trump apologists and Trump+MAGAworld influencers.

One group is at least partly comprised of victims who are being both duped and fleeced of their money, the other group are the perpetrators preying upon the vulnerabilities of their mark.

Putting the sociopaths and the low-information victims all in one bucket will only unite them further I’m afraid.

Lock him up!

Not my President

That kind of chicanery boils over at both ends, wouldn’t you say?

I understand what you are saying, and get the point, but the “chicanery” on the MAGA end is in a different tier entirely.

It’s champion is literally a lifelong conman “billionaire” that has leveraged his recent career in politics in an attempt launder out his lifelong duplicity and criminality. If he did do even a fraction of the litany of the things he is accused of, he does belong in a jail cell yes.

MAGA is like televangelism, but politics replacing religion. Glitzy. Bombastic. WWE style. Predatory.

Curious to see where Bannon will land. He is the poster boy for predatory MAGA. For those who don’t know, his crimes have caught up to him, and he does not have daddy Trump to get him out of jail free anymore:

1 Like

You only need the internet to see Biden’s criminal activity. Using the FBI and taxpayer money to prosecute Trump means he must be guilty of something? He’s a New York property developer, do you really need to waste so much time and money to prove he’s a scumbag?

Not sure how to process your comment. :sweat_smile:

Wouldn’t doubt that Biden hasn’t been a saint over his long career in politics, sure. Yes, it takes time and money to use the legal system to prosecute someone, especially since that very someone happens to be the leader of a political movement in the US. Quite easy to conflate going after that person (rightfully, for the crimes he committed) with going after the political movement itself.

Sheltering behind the political meat shield of MAGA is what Trump has long been gambling on to help him get out of his past and current issues legally unscathed. Let’s see if it will work.

I see the appeal of rah-rah both sides are equally awful as there is blame to be found everywhere, but to me that is a bit of a lazy take. One side as of late is really breaking the corruption scale, while pointing the finger at the other and caricaturizing their more traditional level of corruption as a way to justify their increasingly extremist behavior and deflect scrutiny. That won’t stand in the US thankfully.

1 Like

Well if it’s on the internet it must be true!

Do better.

Exactly.

The both sides same same argument is about the only defense left to take. Biden could’ve called out left wing extremists to make Republicans feel better, but Bill Maher last week highlighted why he didn’t - false equivalencies.

A book about an anti-racist baby is not part of the DNC platform like MAGA is part of the Republican platform. Every extreme position pointed out by conservative pundits is on the fringe where it should be.

And to his credit, Biden has said he doesn’t support de-funding the police which is the most extreme position I can think of. The only way Republicans can redeem themselves is by completely abandoning DJT since re-litigating the 2020 election is his main platform. That is not a policy.

1 Like

He didn’t define it–that’s on him. Anyone might well think it has something to do with “wearing a red hat” as you put it. Hence my post.

I’m simply pointing out that Biden should own his statements or be more circumspect. He’s the president, you know.

2 Likes

Yes he did. There’s a paragraph for each of the four traits. Maybe he could make it clearer?

I think he is and there is support for his message. Call the extremism what it is.