Joe Biden: U.S. President

That’s not a definition, just things “MAGA republicans” (undefined) are said to do. I’d like to see you defend Trump’s disinfectant comments, I bet you’d do a good job, lol.

1 Like

These are the things that make a MAGA Republican does. Not sure what else you’re looking for in a definition.

I think defining it as MAGA Republicans look like this and wear red hats is exactly what he is not trying to do.

I saw polls showing 60% of Americans believe the MAGA movement is a threat to democracy, including 25% of Republicans (which is a big number for Republicans) So the message resonated.

So those people with the MAGA hats aren’t necessarily MAGA republicans. lol. :ok:

1 Like

Shitloads of Democrats bought MAGA hats, ironically.

1 Like

Probably they don’t wear them with that soulful look though lol

1 Like

So once you wear a red hat you’re always and forever MAGA? I don’t think so.

You can surely see why he wouldn’t want to define it that way. Do you not agree with calling out extremism?

If they wore them ironically it wouldn’t be soulful.

:roll_eyes: Many people identify with MAGA. Maybe they wear red hats and maybe they don’t. Regardless they don’t likely base that identification on the criteria you propose.

You can surely see why he wouldn’t want to define it that way.

Then he should have defined it.

Do you not agree with calling out extremism?

What I don’t agree with is demonizing large swaths of the population based on their mundane political associations.

4 Likes

So what call it something else? Right wing extremism? No I don’t think so. The four criteria he laid out are basically Trump’s platform. People might identify because they’ve been lied to by MAGA politicians.

There should be a referendum on the future of the Republican party. The extremism needs to be called out for what it is. Euphemisms won’t get the point across.

He did. You didn’t clarify what you meant by defining. If not by what you do, then how else do you define it?

You didn’t answer the question. And Biden is not demonizing large swaths. He made the distinction and said it is a minority of extremists.

I don’t care. He said it, he should own it.

lol, let me know when there’s one for the Dems.

When did you stop beating your wife?

1 Like

For what CRT?

Let me know when that’s their platform. :wink:

Oh and btw Republicans do this everyday. So dems should do it themselves too? Isn’t that a double standard?

I don’t. See how easy that is.

Should extremism be called out? You can clarify how.

How else should you define a movement/someone if not by the things they do?

I’m curious to your actual answers. I’m not baiting you.

3 Likes

Do better.

2 Likes

AT this point it could be Trump or Clinton. But yeah, the Don was way les slick about it.

Oh I hear that. Stefanik is shooting for House GOP leadership. Ugh.

Joe dealt his own cards. Let the contorting begin!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/09/13/cnbc_rick_santelli_we_all_agreed_that_inflation_was_high_because_of_government_spending_and_then_they_spent_more.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/09/13/whs_karine_jean-pierre_we_could_be_securing_the_border_even_more_if_republicans_would_stop_their_obstruction.html

But the administration’s record is, sadly, the opposite of what it argues. Since entering office, the president has approved policies adding $4.8 trillion to the deficit over the next decade. This is an extraordinary sum, which makes it all the more astonishing that the administration would try to pull off this claim.

If ever there were a moment for responsible budgeting, this is it. The debt is at near-record levels. Inflation is soaring, in part because of excessive government spending. The country was already on track to run trillion-dollar deficits before covid hit, and then on a bipartisan basis, Congress borrowed trillions to fight the crisis — a response that made sense but further bloated the debt.

The Biden administration’s first major initiative was to borrow more, ostensibly to fight the covid crisis, though the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan was well in excess of what was needed and filled with plenty of non-covid spending. Even if, as the administration argued, it was better to err on the side of too much than too little, the administration should have urged a course correction when it became clear the bill significantly overshot the needs of the economy and that inflation posed a growing risk. Instead, the administration doubled down on this initial borrowing through a series of laws and executive actions.

Specifically, the administration and Congress went on a bipartisan borrowing binge for higher appropriations, infrastructure investments, spending on microchips, veterans’ benefits and aid to Ukraine, adding $1.4 trillion more to the debt. Rather than insisting the bills be paid for, Biden gave them full-throated support.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/13/biden-debt-deficits-fiscal-responsibility/

1 Like

Thanks for keeping up with these things.

1 Like

I guess Republicans care about the debt again. Let’s see how long that lasts.

1 Like

I do what I can. :laughing:

As for the hidden comment. Well, you know. :laughing: