Kaohsiung Eateries

:sob:

Please think of me when you know it is open!

1 Like

Sounds just about like Taipei around fifteen years ago (excepting the Indian places up in Tianmu which were, at that time, the exception that proved the rule).

Guy

1 Like

Ask @TT, heā€™s waging a war with burger restaurants.

1 Like

Usually, I eat at home because the food is better.

I also know a Japanese place here in KHH with Japanese sushi chef, also does not like walk ins and talks less (his Chinese is poor, if you speak Japanese he will talk more), no photos of him or staff. Small alley in KHH, if your inside it could be a fine sushi place in Japan with limited seats and times. Well it may not work for some Taiwanese, but works enough for many that they follow the rules and if you can not go to Japan you can get a bit of it here. (I often order items I miss from Japan that hard to/ can not get in TW)

3 Likes

Did it reopen?

Yes.

That 4.2 is way too low though. Itā€™s at least a 4.8 (the owner said some customers give it a lower grade due to the cost, which they think is too high at 130 NTD ā€¦ sighā€¦)

The noodles are handmade, itā€™s clean and the meat is fresh and top quality. Really recommend it.

4 Likes

Good news, I will go try. And the price is quite normal now.

2 Likes

Let me know what you think.

1 Like

@drew Iā€™m so disappointed that you let your family and job get in the way of remembering the important things :wink:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Kaohsiung Pizza Wars

Tried something different tonight, couldnā€™t eat it. Just walked out and now trying to think of what to have for dinner. Spoiled myself by eating at home too much over the break

This thread was no help. I ended up with 7-11 spaghetti which is usually what I eat after a night out drinking.

Seriously, K-Town people, where do you eat?

For western food, I alway liked Mr. English (location is on ReHe road, close to 高醫醫院)

1 Like

Try Croatian Kitchen.

2 Likes

Have you tried Good Rolling, near the 85 Skytower? Those are some good burgers.

1 Like

I hate to say love but I nearly love Jake Brothers Steakhouse in Taipei so maybe try this one on the Love River coincidentally sweeeeeeeet

Jack Brothers Kaohsiung

Should go there more

Would you believe there is a burger thread? Will add it to the list!

Menu doesnā€™t look great, but will take a look

Have been here a few times. Itā€™s ok, but not really a regular dinner for one kind of place

Interesting the complete absence of Asian food suggestions

Food was good but the service there is absolutely terrible.

Thatā€™s probably because the Indian is Nepalese, the Italian is Albanian and the Mexican is Canadian.

1 Like

Curious, did you ever check out any Nanzi eateries? If so how are they tasting these days?