Ketogenic "Keto" diet in Taiwan

I don’t think that “low carb” means what you think it means…

Why? Low-carb and high fat. Cream is high fat

Cinnamon ?_?

It will be a tiny sprinkling of cinnamon

I’m pretty sure cinnamon is 100% indigestible cellulose

Life without Lattes wouldn’t be worth living. And pizza and ice cream.

I can live without latte and now I hate pizza. Ice cream, on the other hand, I have always been a fan of the real stuff, which is made with cream, lots of fat.

I guess you are not a fan of arroz con leche?

No idea what that is…but I don’t like cinnamon >_>

I notice you’re OK with cream in your coffee now :slight_smile:

I agree with the comment above that milk is probably just fine when you’re in a weight-maintenance phase. However if you’re trying to keep yourself in (or ‘near’) ketosis a 12oz latte would be a problem.

When I can find that particular brand of cream, yeah. Otherwise, it’s Americano for me.

Talking about 12oz latte, when you taste a Starbucks after being keto, you realize it is a weak coffee flavored drink.

Starbucks lattes are crap.

And the cinnamon rolls suck.

FB_IMG_1525186731898

FB_IMG_1525186742678

FB_IMG_1525186686959

FB_IMG_1525186836644

1 Like

A little bit of warning:

https://youtu.be/EqKl5yWR0CE

Just to let you know but when you will start eating carbs again ( and trust me you will) you will gain all the weight back plus more. This is by no means a sustainable way of living, the amount of fat suggested by this fad diet is way too high, your cholesterol will be above the stars after a while and you will have serious health issues. I know so so so many people that switched from Keto to Mediterranean and had both great weight loss and health benefits they just did not have while following Keto.

Anyways about the eating out, it will be very hard but u can do it if you order from the side dishes menu of most restaurant, as you know carbs are a no no and you can calculate your intake using my fitness pall very easily to make sure you are on track.

Good luck in your journey and make sure you visit your doctor regularly for checkups!

2 Likes

Other options:

If you switch back to eating in a way that made you fat originally, of course it will continue to make you fat. Losing weight doesn’t miraculously change the laws of physics (or biochemistry).

Anyway, why do you believe it’s inevitable that one would do this? Certainly some people do a weird unhealthy variant of LCHF and end up craving fuel (usually because they’re not eating enough fat). Again, though, that’s not an indictment of the general principle.

Dietary fat has no cause-effect connection with circulating total cholesterol or any lipoprotein fractions, at least not in the simplistic manner you suggest. The vast majority of people who switch to a LCHF diet actually see their cholesterol markers drop into the normal ranges (for whatever that’s worth). It’s pretty funny really: the detractors acknowledge that this happens, because it’s hard to argue with reproducible lab results. But they still assert that LCHF has gotta be, like, bad for you. Because fat.

They were almost certainly doing ‘keto’ wrong. The difference between LCHF and Mediterranean is trivial; in fact I’d argue that Mediterranean is just the maintenance phase of LCHF with saturated fats removed (which is neither necessary nor desirable) and a slightly higher carb limit.

1 Like

P_20180520_175624

Why not try intermittent fasting. Just eat one meal per day. No need to count calories or be strict about ketogenic diet. Eat anything. Keep insulin level low by eating only one meal per day. Animals in wilderness only eat once per day. Veterinarians recommend feeding pets one meal per day. Why would human beings be any different? Only thin adults or growing adolescent needs 3 meals per day. One meal per day is a great life style change for weight management. Check out Dr Jason Fung and his book the Obesity Code to learn about how insulin is key to weight loss.