Let's talk about impeachment

Ha!

Not saying it doesn’t happen, I condemn that in the strongest manner and if it’s the Republicans doing it which seems to be where most of the accusations are, then they should be condemned.

1 Like

Rephrase: do you think Biden should be sworn in on the 20th?

They coming for the guns (again, for real this time)!

1 Like

Sure.

Oh yeah, I’m still wondering what that teaser meant. @Mick What did you mean by ‘wave of authoritarianism’ is coming, specifically?

If that’s for a different thread just post your thoughts in there and let us know, thanks.

Fair enough. I don’t agree with all points but I guess it’s better than what I was imagining!

I’ll put a post up, perhaps start a thread as there has been quite a bit of discussion.

I think I’ve done a few Q&A, I have one myself, do you actually believe half the country are fascist?

I mean fascists are a bad thing, but I really honestly think they are few and far between. We can all agree they are despicable, but where do you put this number? Something like 90% of the right or like Hillary 50% ? Because if you think it’s anything as high as that, I think introspection is required too.

I have no idea, looking forward to your post.

To be clear, I don’t think it’s 50%, much less than that.

I don’t recall Hillary saying half the country is fascist though,

quote please. Not popping on google.

No. At the same time a lot of people seem to want to excuse, minimize or forget actions that were unspeakable.

Deplorables, probably a solid 30%. Some of them are spread out, some.concentrated in extra special states - right now, I’m specifically looking at Alabama, as they’ll be celebrating MLK / Robert E Lee day next week. Don’t worry if you miss that one, as they have two more confederate holidays (confederate memorial day and jefferson f’in Davis’s birthday).

He was asking about fascists, not ‘deplorables’ though, I’m wondering where he got those 90%, 50% numbers from, have I missed figures of influence declaring this, or are they simply arbitrary?

I figured he was conflating fascists with Hilary’s statement that half of trump voters are in the basket of deplorables.

1 Like

Yeah, but those words don’t mean the same thing.

3 Likes

Trump impeached twice now, House passed with 10 Repubs I believe.

1 Like

Witch hunt:

Nah they’re all quite mealy mouthed and boring.

I guess McConnell is not going to give a statement, perhaps to not put up resistance as a kind of signal to make it ok for Republican senators to convict Trump this time around?

He doesn’t seem bothered. Almost like he knows something others don’t…Mmmmmmmm.

McConnell doesn’t want to hold an emergency session, he wants the vote after inauguration. Guess he’s still hoping for Trump to smear the oval with poop.

President Trump had a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast this morning. He’s watching the debates.

This reads like a report of someone recovering from a stroke. :rofl:

1 Like

I would add fake pacifists.