Looking for a good hot dog place in Taipei

People are talking about their dogs in areas such as Toronto and Chicago on this thread are they not? Perhaps read before commenting. :sunglasses::wink:

I cannot find any info about their price: are they reasonable by non-Taipei standards?

Mmm they should have the menu right on their FB. But I think it is reasonable, they have combos.

The Tulip logo sign is kind of weird, are they a subsidiary of the Danish processed meat megacorp?

I donā€™t know, man, in the pictures the dogs look pretty skinny. More like a sausage on a roll than a righteous hot dog.

Did Browny ever open his small restaurant?

WTFā€¦browsing on my phone I couldnā€™t see the menu ANYWHERE, then I opened their Fb page on a computer and itā€™s like the second photoā€¦what is this nonsenseā€¦
I may give it a try this week, price looks pretty good by taipei standards.

nowiknow

Oh, now I seeā€¦

Best hot dogs in Taipei. Sausages come in 3 sizes, with the big ones being huge. We go a lot.

1 Like

Made it to TimeOut today. Never knew about the Denmark-hot dog connection before. Good stuff

1 Like

+1 for Time Out / Tulip. I had theā€¦uhmā€¦#7 whatever it was, the hot dog with some č¾£ę¤’. Everything was good, from the bread to the sausage to the green stuff inside it. I liked that they have green tea with no sugar, yay.
Iā€™ll definitely go back to try the pork burger and other varieties of hot dogs.

Hotdogs, literally the only food I refused to eat when I first arrived in Taiwan. I ate everything else. A single stroll through the night markets and you see all of the ingredients to a hot dog as the main course! Kind of makes you think, what do they put in the hot dog?..

Please do it. I really love hot dogs. Iā€™ll come frequently if itā€™s in Taipei or New Taipei.:ok_hand:

IMG_20190903_124555

Tulip Time Out is still pretty great. A bit out of the way for me, I rarely go around there, but definitely worth a visit.

Thereā€™s one on Ximen circle now too.

Any updates for good hotdog places besides Tulip Time Out?

Doesnā€™t need to be a hot dog place.

Tell someone talking about them on TV now Iā€™m hungry for a hot dog.

Still havenā€™t tried but noticed there is a Tulip Time Out behind Brother Hotel across from Hooters.

Tulip Timeout
No. 1號, Qingcheng Street, Songshan District, Taipei
https://goo.gl/maps/sfGxhtrr96UkxHQQA

1 Like

Tulip not bad for fast food.

4 Likes

Not bad at all. I like the smaller hotdogsā€“they seem more well done than the big onesā€“and the pork sandwiches.

1 Like

I kind of like Costcoā€™s hot dog. Cheap and delicious. It would be nice if they offered some chili, cheese, and friesā€¦

Iā€™d like to start a hot dog place, but I need some kind of hook. Canā€™t for the life of me think of a selling point that would make my hot dogs really stand out from the competition.

1 Like

Mango chutney.