Male bashing in the media

What if they teach the doctrine of a father’s cardinal duties?

epiphany%20guy

Personally I think it’s a great idea, and I don’t care if that contradicts my earlier pronouncement.

Evidently some fathers need a step up. They won’t get a lick of help from the Liberal Arts departments of most universities, that seems certain.

Apropos of nothing, I thought some might find this interesting (although I wish she’d stop to take a breath occasionally and not keep saying ‘mmmkay’):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8-jRZiXbe4&t=1s

I read Paglia when I was at university; I loathed social psychology with a passion, but she and Shere Hite struck me as formidable intellects. Her views seem to have evolved somewhat. Greer likewise.

2 Likes

If laws are written as equal, and it is the reality of culture here that is perhaps leaning towards favoritism towards a gender/group then why would we be spending mass amounts of dollars and time changing laws, that are technically equal (more or less) and ignore the practicality of things.

Men cant have babies, women tend not to grow chest hair. biological facts are senseless to try and change through law.

cultural injustices should be dealt with severely, but not via the cost of another groups’ rights.

Taiwan is a sexist place, no doubt. Racist too. but its a slippery slope when laws are changed in order to to try and make the balance between groups. instead of giving allowances to groups that are not as benefited, just punish people who truly abuse other people and let the weaker of the society fight and get some grit. its the way the world works. All for human rights, not just women, but we shouldnt be blindly going overboard in any direction, regardless of gender, race, lifestyle etc etc.

Lets not do a Canada…

2 Likes

Everyone who’s suffered under the tyranny of Canadian feminism, please raise your hand!

Where to draw that line is the big question, and that’s what legal reform is about – redrawing the line(s).

Other than conscription and Taiwan’s gender equality committees having female member quotas but no male member quotas, can you show us a law that’s unfair to men?

And while we’re at it, can you show us a Canadian law that’s unfair to men?

women tend not to grow chest hair.

That’s obviously because of soy milk. :smile:

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist. :smiling_imp:)

1 Like

There’s a difference between “equal opportunity” and “equal outcome”. You’re talking about the latter. You want the Fortune 500 CEO’s to be split 50/50 between men and women. You want the outcome to be equal, regardless of whether the men/women are qualified or even want to be in those positions. Why stop there though? Why not make everything 50/50? Every company, government, etc. should have a 1:1 ratio between men and women. We should also include every race that lives in that country too and make sure the ratio between races is equal. Forget whether or not these people are the best choice, whether they are more qualified than their competitors, we want equal outcome. Everyone has an equal opportunity to become that Fortune 500 CEO, but how many would take it? I certainly wouldn’t because I don’t want to work 100+ hours a week, I would rather have a personal life surrounded by family and friends. Equal outcome is not a good idea, equal opportunity is.

FWIW, growing hair in weird places is linked to excessive sugar consumption. Overweight women do often get (sparse) chest hair as a knock-on effect of metabolic collapse.

1 Like

Jesus H Christ. More power to this guy for standing up for principle.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/He-Makes-a-Joke-She-Isn-t/243350

Old argument, of course sexism is wrong, the argument today is Individual empowerment which I hope we all agree with vs social feminism.

Wow. Serious sense of humour failure there: the joke revolved around the existence of elevators in department stores and the announcements that used to accompany each floor, not lingerie per se. It would have been the same joke if he’d said “housewares and appliances please”.

The lady needs to be sent to re-education camp, where she will be forced to watch Carry On movies and Benny Hill for hours on end.

1 Like

Or. “Are you being served?”

1 Like

It just occurred to me that the pinpoint source of her offense is the fact of a man mentioning the word ‘lingerie’. Which suggests, frankly, that she has a whole raft of festering issues with her own sexuality that would have had Freud writing up an enthusiastic case study on her.

The mistake he made is not apologising unreservedly for being offensive. That’s the key nowadays. It doesn’t matter what you do, or even what you didn’t do, just apologise for being offensive and you’re off the hook. Trudeau is an expert at this. He even chucks in the tears.

They just want to hear the apology. I guess it gives them a sense of power or control.

1 Like

As I’m sure you know that’s the main schism in modern feminism, and oddly enough it’s the older feminists who tend to support individual empowerment.

1 Like

Good read BiggusDickus, but is it really old school new school?

I will add her recent revelation, is not recent to many, and I don’t agree with the writers conclusions all together, but I think her foundation is strong.

1 Like

I’ve already read that, Mick. Well, to be honest I skimmed most of it.

It’s going to be the transwomen issue that tears the feminist movement apart. It really is an impossible argument, IMO. Any man can identify as a woman and immediately get treated equally as a woman? I’m not surprised the older feminists like Greer are so against it.

2 Likes

Because many mem doPreformatted textn’t bash back it’s called being emasculated emphasized text[quote=“Rockefeller, post:47, topic:166200, full:true”]
By the way, if you think men are “getting bashed for no reason” then you’re either delusional, or are likely hanging out with the wrong ladies. Women are people (people often forget), some of them are sleeve-rolling, hard-working humans who deserve respect, and some are assholes and douchebags.
[/quote]

some are judgemental too

And by apologizing, you are giving them just that.

1 Like

strong text
Great let the trans gender fluid types rip them to pieces. Saves us the trouble