Marijuana

[quote=“Maoman”]
As usual, Wolf, you’ve got it half-right. What makes a good prostitute was pulled (over a year ago, I believe) because more than poster was posting numbers and addresses. There was also some graphic sexual description that went beyond the pale, and was the subject of several letters of complaint. That’s why the thread got pulled. And if you find the recipe thing objectionable, I’ll communicate with the team about getting it pulled. [/quote]

What makes a good prostitue? :shock: Oh man, I joined this forum much too late. Pass the J this way please. :sunglasses:

Chairman Maoman is getting testy! :laughing:
I don’t want to get this sidetracked, but I was refering to an e-mail from Gus that said that posts that encourage illegal behavior are not allowed.
Yes, I remember I heard that the moderators for that thread had to be on their toes – too much so, I am afraid.
Post in “Feedback”? I guess I am “category-challenged.” :unamused:

Well, from a strictly legalistic the recipe above does not mention marihuana. I mean - they just talk about “weeds”. I know where to get those cookies back home. Can you get them here too. (I’m not that great at baking… cookies)

They do not test for dope or stools for English teachers. When I was at Ren Ai last month doing mine I asked who the dope test is for, and they said Hong Kongers. Make sure you get the right form - you do not have to poop in a cup.

According to the CDC website (which is where the Bureau of Consular Affairs points you), a resident visa health check (required, in my experience, for a JFRV but not a resident visa based on MOEA employment) is made up of:

[quote]

They changed it last year. You don’t have to poo in a cup anymore. Course, some hospitals won’t know this, or the just have one standardised test form for all classes of residency visa (maybe blue-collar workers still have to?).

I’ve had three health checks.
2000 - Renai Hospital - teacher ARC - no poo poo
2001 - MacKay Hospital - teacher ARC - poo
2002 - Renai Hospital - JFRV - no poo poo

So, you don’t have to poo, but they might make you anyway.

Brian

I took it at the Adventist hospital in 2000. Had to poo. Tough test, it took me nearly an hour.

I’ll say it again:

If you’re in Taipei, go to Renai hospital. Why?

Firstly, they don’t use the same form with all the tests (including ones like stool test that you might not have to do) for everyone.

Secondly, they have a special unit for health checks so you don’t have to run all round the hospital to different departments for different tests. It’s much much quicker.

Brian

My check at Renai last week was the first I’ve ever had to do. It felt to me like there was an inordinate amount of running around (3 locations: general medical, blood&stool, X-ray). I made sure they new exactly what I needed the test for (JFRV) and was instructed to shit in a cup forthwith.

That’s bizarre. Maybe they just arbitrarily make you poo sometimes.

Anyway, I think at Renai Hospital you have to go to three places right? All he general stuff that they can set up away from the departments, goes in their ‘health check unit’, but you still have to go to the laboratory area for blood/urine/stool tests, and the X-ray lab for x-ray. Just count yourself lucky you didn’t go to another hospital. When I had a broken foot I did my health check at MacKay, because I had to go there for a check-up anyway. Like most hospitals it’s big and spread out. I had to go to one place to get the form, then another for blood and stool, another for urine, then there was eyes, skin, family medicine, x-ray, and maybe one or two others. At least 7 different places, in the middle of summer, on crutches! (And you have to wait at each one). What’s more, I had to do the stool test before the urine test, which left me unable to produce the necessary sample for the urine test, so I had to trek around more to find drinking fountains, and come back and try again.

Bri
Crutches! You had crutches! Bleedin’ luxury. Last year I buggered up my ankle at work, freewheeled into the nearest hospital on my bicycle and hopped up to a doctor’s room. He prodded then told me to go get an X-ray (down the hall, turn left at the stairs, through the swing doors…). How bout some crutches then, I asked. No, we don’t provide them, he said. Where can I get them then? There’s a shop in a lane behind the hospital he said. Hop, hop, hop…

I believe traces of Marijuana can still be within one’s system up to 3 months after smoking in heavy users.

THC is a lipid soluble drug and thus traces of it can be stored in your body’s fat stores…I don’t think they take any fat during your medical…

For urine tests, it can appear from 3 - 30 days post-dosage.

Cheers :smiling_imp:

as i said above, the urine is checked for amphetamine and opium metabolites, not thc

[quote]ARC health check contents:
i) Lung X-ray
ii) HIV antibody test (i.e blood test)
iii) Intestinal parasites stool examination
iv) Amphetamine and opium metabolites in urine
v) Standard physical (and psychological) checkup and inspection for leprosy (they just count your fingers and toes ) [/quote]

Even if they did test for marijuana use (which they don’t), they would not pick it up in a urine test. You can beat a urine test for THC by drinking a lot of water for as short a period as one day. Usually drug testers will use the cheaper urine tests (which incidentally are very inaccurate) before they use more accurate but expensive testing (such as testing head hair or p__ic hair).

Was that the written portion of the test, or the oral?

Was that the written portion of the test, or the oral?[/quote]

The part of it taken place on the chinaware throne.

notes on penalties?

anyone?

criminal procedure?

What is the qty which distinquishes user from dealer?

What is the bail? or no bail?

What is the time period they can hold you without contact?

Are they required to inform the perp of the possible sentence adn the criminal procedure?

To what extent can they exert psychological pressure to induce you squeel where you got it?

How do you saay " Miranda" in Chinese

A friend of mine failed, too much pot in the pee pee, no ARC. Through some kindness he is still in the country and still teaching illegaly.

canucktyuktuk.

Like to offer some details? I’m sure the broader community would like to know which hospital, why the person was checked for THC and what visa they were applying for. Just out of academic interest of course.

HG

Bullshit.

1. They don’t tests for THC.

2. If you test positive, you can just do the test again.

Brian