Matt Gaetz's VERY OWN Thread

Look what Greenwald has come to. “She was 17, not 16”. Nuff said’ about him and Gaetz and anyone trying to make excuses for them, really.

Imagine your 18 year old daughter brought home 38 year old Matt Gaetz.

Gaetz probably: It’s cool daddy-o, she’s an 18 year old woman, and legal!

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Of course that’s not entirely accurate, Gaetz referred to a 17 year old as a woman.

1 Like

QAnon Community Outraged by Matt Gaetz Sex Trafficking Investigation … Except for the Wrong Reason

It’s almost as if the conspiracy theorists aren’t actually that concerned about child trafficking.

QAnon is a baseless conspiracy theory predicated on the idea that the government is run by a cabal of sex-trafficking pedophiles. It stands to reason that adherents might feel a little vindicated — celebratory, even — when news breaks that a prominent politician is under investigation for sex trafficking. Such news broke last night, when The New York Times reported that the FBI is looking at Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) for a possible sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl, whom he may have “trafficked” by paying for her to travel across state lines.

But alas, the QAnon community doesn’t seem to be calling for Gaetz to be removed from Congress, arrested, or worse, as they have for countless other politicians who are not under investigation for sex trafficking. Instead, the QAnon crowd appears to be defending Gaetz by alleging that the media and the Justice Department are persecuting one of former President Trump’s most fervent supporters.

Gaetz has made it easy for them. His defense centers around the idea that the allegations are tied to a crooked ex-Justice Department official’s attempt to extort his family, and there isn’t much the QAnon community loves more than the idea that the Justice Department is filled with “deep state” actors trying to sabotage Trump and his supporters.

If he was a Democrat you’d be all over this like flies on shit. Gaetz is so toxic and so obviously guilty that not even Trump is touching this one. Don’t be a hypocrite, it doesn’t suit you.

2 Likes

Apparently much of his fate regarding the trafficking stuff at least, will come down to the testimony of the young woman.

I feel like maybe he’s more likely to skate legally on this stuff, more likely than some of the other things mentioned in the investigation.

I don’t know what to think about the amount of evidence really, just that the GOP and Fox running from him quickly might be a weather vane.

I believe I have posted several articles about G’s problems. The CNN smearlie has nothing to do with the actual allegations. It’s just a lie. I can do both things. I have no skin in the game.

Sounds like the Gaetz defense at a girls’ volleyball game. Zing!

1 Like

I realise there’s a certain subset of prudish Americans would be more than happy if the age of consent were raised to, say, 30, but by no stretch of the imagination is a 17-year-old a “child” or a “minor”. It’s disturbing that this particular girl appears to be exchanging sex for money, and one wonders how a 17-year-old ends up in that situation, but throwing around words like “pedophilia” trivialises some truly awful shit that goes on behind closed doors. At 17, weird age gaps were pretty much par for the course among people I knew (including myself). I don’t recall feeling “exploited” and I’m pretty sure my friends and acquaintances didn’t either.

The law is what it is, so I’m not going to split hairs over what the law ought to be. I just think it’s amusing that Americans are frothing at the mouth over a sleazy relationship (if you can use that word for a commercial transaction) but are completely unconcerned that Gaetz is and always has been a complete ratbag. How he was ever elected to public office is a mystery to me.

It’s Florida, bruh.

The CNN lie goes into second spin cycle

And this from VF…just boogles the mind. They quote facts and simply don’t believe them:

The CNN unverified smear

Two people familiar with the matter said Gaetz tried to schedule a visit with Trump after it was first revealed that he was being investigated, but the request was rejected by aides close to the former president, who have urged Trump not to stick his neck out to defend Gaetz.

The facts:

After repeated requests for comment from CNN about the meeting snub, Trump spokesman Jason Miller claimed in a tweet Sunday night that Gaetz did not request a sit-down “and therefore, it could never have been denied.” Gaetz’s spokesman similarly denied the story, saying “Rep. Gaetz was welcomed to Trump Doral this week” and claimed he “has not sought to meet with President Trump himself,” adding that the congressman has “been mostly relaxing with his fiancée this week during recess.”

The Nuh-uh:

Which…doesn’t really sound believable, given Gaetz’s slavish devotion to the president. After Democrats won back the House in 2018 and started increasing the pressure on the administration, Gaetz, per the Times , “emerged as a standout in what he called the ‘warrior class’ of lawmakers who made it their mission to protect the president.”

YaOK. :roll:

Can you name a single one of them? I sort of doubt it.

I guess we’re just making it up entirely now?

Sigh. I think I just understood why your avatar is the Teflon monomer.

1 Like

I guess you’re speaking hyperbolically. It’s the only way I can imagine such a comment was made. I really dont think there’s a single American on record saying they want the age of consent made to 30 years old.

Of course it was.

I’m British. Hyperbole and exaggerated whining is the way we talk.

2 Likes

At least it sounds better in that sexy British accent.

Clearly, you’ve never listened to exaggerated whining in Liverpudlian.

That’s another story. Just the “erm” is enough to drive you batty.

1 Like

I have a new feature on my computer that reads all of @finley 's posts in Liz Hurley’s voice. It really enhances the site experience.

1 Like

If it was legal, that kinda changes things.

That’s a level of kink I’m not quite ready for.

1 Like

That’s why I have you set to ‘Gordon Ramsay’. It’s a neat little app, really.