Meanwhile in Hong Kong

Pretty telling that even elected legislators are kicked out and jailed for having a different opinion on things. This proves that CCP promises are worthless. The majority of Taiwanese will hopefully not fall for that bullshit.

There was an academic element developing a Chinese system of thought in terms of Rule of Law in the Hu era. And in the Xi era, the official line became dropping Western ideals like Rule of Law. Not even a discussion these days

2 Likes

Call me cynical, but which of these stories will have the greatest effect?

1 Like

image image image

Both pandemic prison and HK NSL are direly excruciatingly executing me!

I guess you all heard in news that the internet in Hk is now controlled by you know which party?

1 Like

It just keeps getting worse and worse. It is becoming like the rest of China.

2 Likes

Why would they stop people from leaving? Surely getting rid of agitators and the angry disenfranchised would be encouraged?

1 Like

But then they can lobby other governments when outside and continue to be ‘troublemakers’ for the Chinese Communist Party.

Keep them in and then silence them one way or another, usually with fear, jail or death.

2 Likes

Fucking hell. My poor wife has to go there soon to clear up wills, fix up banking and sort out other financial shit.
I’m like “Fuck it, Honey, that money would be nice, but is it really worth the risk?”
Meanwhile, my three nieces are trying to escape. It’s a shitshow.
Seriously, if I have to stand on the runway and stop the plane, she’s not going to Hong Kong. Way too risky.

1 Like

Well… Is your wife politically active in a public way against the CCP?

Nope. She’s pretty much apolitical. However, I don’t trust them not banging her up there and not allowing her to leave.
Anything can happen, and I’d rather not take any risks.

Then they’re not likely to do anything to her. The whole idea is to catch political dissidents. The minute they turn it into a city-wide prison is way way way over the line and is likely to make the news and scare off even the most apathetic businessman.

Also, taking money here from there is probably one of the most direct, yet subtle and unnoticeable jabs you can do to the Communist Party.

I’d do it and I mouth off at the CCP here all the time. Fortunately…I don’t reveal who I am.

I understand your perspective, mate, but I’m still extremely nervous.

She will be fine. Things are not that bad in HK, they aren’t just randomly arresting people outside of political crimes. I mean things aren’t great for HongKongese but have Taiwanese friend who moved their for work recently and for 99.9%, of the people life is still banal

2 Likes

Hk is now still safe.

Injections to begin early next month and hopefully without nanobots.