Mexican Food in Taipei

I’ve heard good things. Let us know what you think!

Guy

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Mexican Food in Taichung

Really enjoy the wetness, not water, of the green and red enchilada sauce. Get a half and half and yum.

Fonda

3 Likes

Twinkeyz has a second location.

Twinkeyz Dos

1 Like

It’s a stone’s throw from Twinkeyz Uno. I don’t get it.

Really, they should bring back the salsa bar.

Don’t go if you want Mexican but it was still taste okay. Nice and fishy.

Fish tacos.

That does not sound like a ringing endorsement. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Or maybe it does…

Not for me.

I’ll be at Fonda. :yum:

Guy

Some of the best things I’ve ever had near my mouth were nice and fishy.

1 Like

So I take it your Linsen North Road adventures went well?

Me, I’ll be sticking to the verde sauce at Fonda.

Guy

1 Like

[deleted]

That does not look like Mexican food in Taipei to me.

Go start your own thread! :rofl:

Guy

Twinkeyz Dos has a completely different menu and has no “normal” taco or burrito options. It’s more of a “restaurant” menu with appetizers, entrees, ect. Quite expensive with no entree under NT350.

I was in the neighborhood one night and craving some mexican and I should have known something was up as they have no ‘menu’ posted outside. Empty inside and after the sticker shock of the prices I didn’t have the heart to get up and leave. The “East LA Barria Tacos” were tasty and very filling as it comes with rice on the side, but certainly not worth NT 350.

They have a lot of fajitas options— brought back memories of the restaurant Chevy’s from California.

2 Likes

I’m curious to know how it compares to Teotihuacan a block away.
Anyone?

Fiesta del Taco is fast approaching. May 28th at Yuanshan. Rumor has it there will be a spicy chicken wing eating contest. I shall be there.

1 Like

Dammit! I have to work in Tainan that day and I’ll struggle to make it. There will be many of my reprobate chums there, though, who smell a bit but are decent chaps*. I’ll give it the good old college try to get there.

Also, all the pre-sale tickets have sold out, which is a first. It’s a victim of its own success.

EDIT: *watch your wallets. They’re from Taoyuan.

Has there been enough supply for the crowds in recent years? I went to one of those [quite?] a few years ago, and it was a sad joke - lining up for ever on the off-chance tacos would be left at the stand you chose.

I had no supply problems last year. I recall there not being many people there, though, probably because it was raining and people were still scared of Covid. This year it looks like it’s going to be rammed.

So, yeah, it might be disappointing.

1 Like