Mexican Food

Must agree with Maoman on this one, he is spot on. Was there to treat an out of towner to breakfast last weekend and it turned out to be just the trick. Good eggs, sausage (patty not link, and nice and spicy) and pancakes. Place was full of lots of foreigners which is a pretty good sign. The waitresses are attentive as (as they point out on the menu) they don’t charge 10% service charge like most other places but rely on tips so they are charming and keep an eye on your coffee/water etc.

It was my first stop in this location but I used to do the Tianmu branch for breakfast years ago. Most foreigners agree their

TMDave,
In about 2 weeks I am receiving a box full of mexican foodstuffs and ingredients from my hometown. You should stop by! :smiley: :wink: I am making an all out Mexican buffet that weekend complete with enchiladas, tacos, taquitos, burritos, chilaquiles, and if possible some chiles rellenos. Homemade stuff, my friend. Let it be known that my momma taught me well. :notworthy:

In fact, if anyone has a craving for some REAL homemade Mexifood, you can come down (or up) to Taoyuan! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :notworthy:

SteveFest I is about to take place?

Man, I’m dying for some good, home-made Mexican food. I’m from Arizona, where we grow up on Sonoran style fare. Going out to eat means going to eat Mexican food in my family.

I’ll bring the Corona, and a bottle of Jose Cuervo (or better if I can find it).
I wish I could find Negra Modelo here.

I like La Casita, aka Amy’s Kitchen: [La Casita Mexican Restaurant

They make great burritos!

Tequila Sunrise
42 Hsin Sheng South Road
Section 3
Taipei City
Tel: +886-2 2362-7563
Credit cards not accepted

[quote=“Storagemeister”]Tequila Sunrise
42 Hsin Sheng (Xinsheng) South Road
Section 3
Taipei City
Tel: +886-2 2362-7563
Credit cards not accepted[/quote]

I thought this place was really bad, about the worst “mexican” food I ve ever had.

This might be a bit presumptuous of me, as I haven’t tried the food, but I’m fairly confident that the worst Mexican food contenders have a new kid on the block.

Anyone tried the “taquitos” they’re selling in 7-11 yet? They’re in the sausage cooker thingy, but I’ve been too scared to try one.

Who knows – maybe they’re really good.
Edit: Holy shit, these things are bad, unless you’re partial to pre-digested baby food.
Avoid at all costs!

Hi,

Any idea where mostly authentic Mexican food can be found in Taipei?

I’m dying for chips, salsa, quesadillas, etc.

If there’s an older thread that I missed, please point it out.

Thanks,

Seeker4

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/mexican-food/1816/1 a thread[/url] of some restaurants. Since you put quotes around the word Mexican, these places qualify, I guess. I’ve never had authentic Mexican here. [/quote]

I’ve been to La Casita and I think it’s the closet thing u’ll get. It’s like around 200ish I think for a burrito. It’s OK and I don’t think it’s that authentic. I was dreaming about the great greasy mexican food back in SoCal the entire time I was there. The owners are real nice and u’d be better off if u told how u like ur burrito (like ingredients inside).

Ha… I forgot the name of the so called “mexican joint” my wife and I ate at, but I promise those taquitos at 7-11 are much better than the food there… I think it was across the street from NTU??? not sure, brain fart.

Was it the one down Xinsheng South Rd, across from NTU, near Roosevelt Rd?

La Casita is the best. None even comes close.

[La Casita Mexican Restaurant

I think you are referring to Tequila Sunrise. The absolute worst mex food I’ve ever had.

Their Tequila Sunrises will wipe you out though. Drink three or four and you won’t even notice the food. You might see it again the next day though.

God is that place still open? The woman who used to own it (Jade?) had the best gams I have ever seen, and the rest was pretty well put together.
And the food was bland, Chinese/Mex and the plates were cold, turning the refried beans icy in minutes.

We started our Mexican Promotion this Monday, some dishes will become part of our regular menu are on promotion till the 3rd of December.

They are all new (to us anyway) and till the new menu is out and we want to be 100% sure we get it right we do a real good promotion as below.

Nachos & 1 Corona Beer, NT$230
Chicken Quesadillas & 1 Corona Beer, NT$260
Tostada & 1 Corona Beer, NT$280
Chorizo Rice & 1 Corona NT$290

The Free Corona as a bonus for your comments (short form served with the dinner hope we can get some constructive and hopefully some humerous comments), no obligation to fill in the questionaire.

Menu is in the Taipei Times on Wednesday.

Salud
Miguel

Are they actual nachos, or the Taipei standard Doritos and cheese?

Good Morning Tetsuo,

You mean the stuff from Cosco and our famous mircowaved Cheese/Cream mix? God I will be missing it!

Nothing like it, it is now what it should be.Authentic Mexican corn chips topped with black beans, onions, peppers, cheddar cheese and spicy salsa. We went (mostly the cooks) through training sessions with a Mexican Chef and I had all four dishes a few times and that is why I risk to promote it here and no doubt lose my head band!

Michel

That sounds great. Might give it a test run when I’m next in for the rugby.