Middle East Conflict Widening 2024 (Yemen, Lebanon, Iran, etc.)

or helping raise the standard of living of residents there, sell the rockets

Looking for the god of war.

Wow, that is a lot of money. Things there become more complex with lots of expenses.

1 Like

Since the war in Gaza began Oct. 7, Iranian-backed militias have struck American military installations in Iraq more than 60 times and in Syria more than 90 times, with a mix of drones, rockets, mortars and ballistic missiles. The attack Sunday was the first targeting American troops in Jordan during the Israel-Hamas war and the first to result in the loss of American lives. Scores of U.S. personnel have been wounded, including some with traumatic brain injuries, during the attacks.

Maybe itā€™s time to change the US sitting duck policy and take out some vital Iranian infrastructure.

I think the USA and everyone in the region should be thinking of ways to de-escalate rather than ratchet up tensions.

2 Likes

Tell that to Iran

I think the US needs a change in the White House, ASAP. That part of the world knows American bluster when they see it, and Biden is to bluster as Tom Hanks is to Forrest Gump.

1 Like

Ahem.

2 Likes

I think the drone attack happened here:

Edited to add:

A little extra info, in case itā€™s ever useful:

Here are the two together on the map:

Yes, USA need more power leader, can make Taiwanese feel more safe and China think more,

Heā€™s been steadfast in his support for Taiwan, but his many mistakes in other parts of the world are piling up and are surely making China think twice.

But yeah, we Americans need a stronger President. I agree. :+1:

1 Like

Foreign policy is the one kudos I give to Biden. Heā€™s a rat bastard, and he basically took Trumpā€™s college try and turned it into a professional league.

I read today that Biden is putting billions behind the US chip manufacturing infrastructure. Trust me, China is thinking more.

3 Likes

The BBC says that a less-than-one-year-old Iranian-backed group called the Islamic Resistance in Iraq claimed responsibility for the drone attack, and that this Iraqi group also claimed responsibility for other attacks at other locales on other occasions. The BBC also says that Iranā€™s government denies involvement in the drone attack, saying that it is ā€œnot involved in the decision making of resistance groups.ā€
ā€“Iran denies involvement in drone strike that killed three US troops - BBC News

Agence France Presse says that Iraqā€™s government condemned the drone attack.
ā€“ā€œIraq Urges End To ā€˜Cycle Of Violenceā€™ After US Troop Deaths,ā€ Barronā€™s website

1 Like

Well this is why we should never have pulled out of Iraq as far as we did. Iran rushed right in to ā€œhelp.ā€

1 Like

I thought just about everyone now agrees the US shouldnā€™t have been there in the first place.

1 Like

This is the Internet, someone disagrees with you :rofl:

I liked your post, but Iā€™m okay with us getting out of Iraq. This is me, on Forumosa, from 2009:

ā€“The Hatred of President Obama by Con/Right - #40 by Charlie_Jack

1 Like

I didnā€™t like the idea of going in, wrecking the place and then leaving with the absurd thought that purple fingers would bring in the freedom and democracy. We bought it, we broke it, and we left it to be looted again. Iā€™m sure we could zip in and take it over again in no time, but wtf?

Why bother?

1 Like

Yeah, I canā€™t address the part in which we broke it and then abandoned it. That was pretty messed up.

I do confess I got a little bit emotional on seeing the purple fingers.

But the US stayed in Vietnam. Hoo-boy, did the US stay in Vietnam. And the US did some bombing, and some defoliating, and a bunch of other stuff.

Years and years ago, I read a Playboy interview of Anthony Herbert, who was, I think, an Army infantry battalion commander in Vietnam. He talked about an incident in which a man was badly wounded, but no medevac chopper was available. They were out in the field, far away from the necessary medical treatment. So Herbert or someone else got the idea to order a pizza or pizzas from some base PX that advertised that they would chopper the pizza out to the troops. When the pizza chopper arrived, they prevailed on the chopper personnel to take the wounded man back, I guess to a hospital or something similar.

I think he told that story in order to illustrate just how much wealth, and material, and so on, that the US had packed into that effort, that projectā€“that it had reached a semi-luxurious level.

But anyway, Vietnam seems to be doing all right now, I guess?

2 Likes

They are a surprisingly resilient people by western standards.

3 Likes