Milk or milk

A recent report found that skim mild is actually worse than full milk in the fats department.

I miss having those pints of real milk with 30% cream on top. Either drink off the cream first or shake the bottle and skull the lot… fantastic.

Semi-skimmed for me, but I’d happily down a couple of pints of full-fat milk right now. Man do I miss milk.

Shame about that price though :noway: Kinda reminds me of the price of cream over here.

[quote=“irishstu”]Semi-skimmed for me, but I’d happily down a couple of pints of full-fat milk right now. Man do I miss milk.

Shame about that price though :noway: Kinda reminds me of the price of cream over here.[/quote]

Well just take some fresh cream and add it to the milk here… that’s what I do.

Soy Milk. Its actually better in Taiwan than Australia. Soy in Australia tastes a lot like cow milk. Here its got more flavor.

I can see cow milk okay in coffee or tea but you can’t beat soy on cereal.

[quote=“Ironman”]Soy Milk. Its actually better in Taiwan than Australia. Soy in Australia tastes a lot like cow milk. Here its got more flavor.

I can see cow milk okay in coffee or tea but you can’t beat soy on cereal.[/quote]

It’s a matter of personal taste… I like hot Soy Milk and Youtiao sticks but on my cereal its the milk/cream mix.

75$ per bottle, that doesn’t sound too expensive to me. Or how small is a bottle? 1 L that should be… :unamused:

Yeah, it’s one liter. I don’t think it’s expensive either.
You pay 65$ for 1 liter of fake milk, so I don’t mind paying an extra 10, having real milk and delivered at home.

Probably the same reports that say that oat bran, birth control pills, aspartame, walking, accompanying hot foods with cold liquids, having the fan blow directly at you, masturbating, etc. are good for you…Oops! Bad for you…Oops! Harmless! Oops! Good for you! Oops, bad for you…

Probably the same reports that say that oat bran, birth control pills, aspartame, walking, accompanying hot foods with cold liquids, having the fan blow directly at you, masturbating, etc. are good for you…Oops! Bad for you…Oops! Harmless! Oops! Good for you! Oops, bad for you…[/quote]

:laughing: Yeah, I don’t buy that one either.

[quote=“Chris”]
I’m a milk lover, but my love is for skim milk. Even “1% milk” (i.e. milk with 1% milk fat) is too rich and creamy for me.[/quote]

Have you found that here? I LOVE skim milk, but I can’t find it. So I only drink soy. :frowning: My bones are crying. :help:

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“Chris”]
I’m a milk lover, but my love is for skim milk. Even “1% milk” (i.e. milk with 1% milk fat) is too rich and creamy for me.[/quote]

Have you found that here? I love skim milk, but I can’t find it. So I only drink soy. :frowning: My bones are crying. :help:[/quote]

In Australia they have calcium fortified soy.

I’m going to start a save the soy milk in Taiwan society. Its nearly off the shelves here. Maybe 5% soy. In Australia the ratio would be more like 10-15% soy in the big cities down to 0% out in the sticks.

I used to milk cows. You guys have no idea what goes on between the cow and the carton. :noway:

[quote=“Ironman”]
I used to milk cows. You guys have no idea what goes on between the cow and the carton. :noway:[/quote]

And we don’t want to know either.

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“Chris”]

Have you found that here? I love skim milk, but I can’t find it. So I only drink soy. :frowning: My bones are crying. :help:[/quote]
Yes, you can get it at Wellcome and RT-Mart. But it’s not marked as such in English, oddly enough. Ask for 脫脂牛奶 (tuo1 zhi3 niu2 nai3) or look for 脫脂 on the label. My favorite is the skim version of Wei-Chuan High Quality Milk.

Thank you SO much!!!

There’s a fortified, non-fat milk by Uni-President at Wellcome too. It’s in a pinkish bottle and if you look closely at the label it says ‘Non-Fat’. It’s actually pretty good.

Brian

Goddamnit, keep this thread on topic or I’ll flounder the whole goddamned thing!

*brought to you by the promods deliberation board

My first experience with milk the other day. Had it with cereal at breakfast. Thought the cereal was sugery. Then realized it was the milk.

Do they put suger or something in the milk to make it taste sweet?

Milk naturally contains lactose whish is a form of sugar.

Maybe some milk has added sugar too.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Goddamnit, keep this thread on topic or I’ll flounder the whole goddamned thing!

*brought to you by the promods deliberation board
[/quote]

What are you on about?

[quote=“tango42”]My first experience with milk the other day. Had it with cereal at breakfast. Thought the cereal was sugery. Then realized it was the milk.

Do they put suger or something in the milk to make it taste sweet?[/quote]
Did you like it? THAT is the taste of real milk!

Oh yeah! and stop hijacking my thread with soy milk, non fat milk or whatnot! This is a MILK thread, pure milk. :smiley: