Minimium wage for Foreigners working in Broadcasting

exactly.

Le employer asked me to apply for the card myself
I was wondering why she didnā€™t tell me earlier or she is unable to do it herself
and Iā€™m paying for it.

Oh boy.

You know if you come and marry your girl you can work anywhere. She is the ultimate goal, not the job. Make the jump. Your goose is cooked anyway.

2 Likes

Hi OP, how did you get that offer? do you have an account at 1111 or 104?

Oh hey!
I will only get it once the employment gold card is approved
I brokered the deal so that I can get my card and then Iā€™m free to hop to another job
I have accounts on both sides

That is very true!
however, I just submitted the application form.

I asked about your first job offer (which you had declined),

good for you to have account there, I got my 1st and 3rd job from there, hopefully you will get better job from there,

itā€™s nice for you to get that gold card, best of luck!

Rejected the first offer because it was too low to even qualify for an ARC
So I did tell them that improve the offer

so she came up with applying for the gold card.

well, they need someone to do sports broadcast.

i mean, how did you get that offer?

Just apply and got the job at 104.

I was someone that they are looking for, so you gotta go through the interviews and whats not,

do you still set your CV open?

Nope
I applied for the jobs that I am able to excel in

perhaps you should try to set it open, but limit it not to receive any insurance, or any kind of scam, let the employer find you, it worked for me.

Question: is your girl related in any way with this job in particular? We are still a bit puzzled on why it has to be them/there. The here we now know, but does your girl work there/is she the boss/did she recommend it?

nope, not related in any way
just that my girl is a Taiwanese and she is planning to move back to Taipei pretty soon

I specialized in sports broadcasting, and they offer me space and creativity that I wanted.
Most sports broadcasters around the world have a pretty generic template to follow and I do not like it that much.

the employer did say that she will give a pretty wide berth on how I want to run the channel and how I wanted it to look like, so I figured that it is a challenging gig and I do adore challenges and it is in a saturated broadcasting environment.

Hello all
A quick update on my end
MOL deems I donā€™t meet the requirements
seems that my dream will end at this point.

So sad to hear this :tired_face:. The employer really did lowball you and didnā€™t handle the documentation process correctly and even had no idea what the requirements were. Best of luck in your future endeavors. Hope your dreams can come true and you can keep your girlfriend close by!

Sorry to hear thatā€¦ Iā€™m from Singapore too and Iā€™m familiar with your situation having been there myselfā€¦

Thank you fellow countryman!
It is just that Iā€™m so disappointed about it
Tried for 4 years and this is the closest I got and it got cut off abruptly.