Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

He taught so long ago, 2004.
I have contacted a couple of his closer friends that I know here in Canada hoping that he has made contact with them or reached out…but they have heard nothing.

You may have answered already in this long thread, but his last known job as far as you are aware was where?
Name of company/school/entity?

Last known job for certain
Teacher at Shin Min High School 200420190219_134317 20190219_134303

After that he did alot of scuba diving, had his PADI license (confirmed ) and I was told teaching scuba diving (unconfirmed)

Just one thought , PADI Instructors tend to update their qualifications, which the PADI website keep a record of . You have to either know his Number or you can get information by phone if you have full name and Date of Birth .

Hopefully you find out about the “ police” report . I wonder if they checked mobile phone records ? Somehow , questions need to asked , in more detail , of the ex wife and the haulien police . Keep at it .maybe someone on here , who speaks mandarin , would talk to the ex wife on your behalf , to get a clearer picture ?

I have been given all of his Padi information, I am contacting them now to see what they can do.

1 Like

@Davesbrother, is it possible to state publicly whether or not the wife proactively got in touch with you or your father about Dave going “missing”, and if so how long after it occurred was contact made?

She supposedly tried to contact my dad on November 21 2016, 4 days after his disappearance, however my dad did not find the message. It was sent on messenger and my dad did not have messenger or did not have her as a friend on fb, therefore the message sat in limbo. She could have called us directly but did not do so, I was never contacted. I found out 3 months later when I tried to reach him Feb 2 2017 on his birthday.

2 Likes

That is different. The person was a well known hiker, there are ravines nearby and she and the scooter could have fallen there. Moreover, you can see it here on the news, it is public record. Moreover, that is not something paid or requested for. The authorities, rescue EMT etc determined that they had exhausted all other means of search and decided to use it. You cannot hire a helicopter search, as explained before. You can hire a professional mountain guide to search, and those are really good.

That case in Taichung is a doozy because she was supposed to be driving to work… then suddenly veered off and dissappeared. She also forgot her phone at home.

Currently, an acquaintance has a missing person situation, but it is in Taipei. The family has been very persistent, and they have traced the whereabouts of the missing person very precisely. The police have been helpful allowing them to search camera footage. taxi drivers were interrogated and gave accurate data. However, the search started the day after the person did not come home. But it has been weeks and the missing has not been found.

1 Like

Cell phones can be tracked, so intentionally left it at home? Read she was driving to work then suddenly turned around and drove opposite direction weird.
Was curious about helicopters because constantly I have been told that you cannot get a helicopter to do a search unless basically there was a disaster, but this story proves otherwise.

What we mean is you cannot get it, it is not requested. It is very expensive. And they are doing a flyby, not a helicopter rescue in teh mountains. That is the one we mean to say it is very difficult. Even a flyby is unusual, but in thsi case, she was a teacher, and well known in teh community, a hiker, and it was deemed necessary.

The wife´s tale of a helicopter searchj is what we deem unbelievable as she has given no specifc data and no one has heard about that. It would make the news.

He has been missing for more than 2 years now, is it just me who thinks that something is wrong with the behavior of her wife. She should be cooperating since it’s her husband who is missing. I just really hope that Dave is fine, wherever he is and that this missing case will be closed soon.

Ex husband, recently found out she got a divorce

If it is so hard to hire helicopters then why mention it at all if its untrue. That’s the weird part

Dave’s brother, I believe it would be much more effective to spread the words on Chinese newspapers. If nothing else, the police will have to answer questions from the media, and some truths will come out… Here is a link to the Liberty Times’ news tip page:
http://opinion.ltn.com.tw/inform/complain_1.php?type=3

If you need someone to fill the form in Chinese, I’d be more than happy to help.

Need help, can’t understand a thing on itScreenshot_20190219-214542_Samsung%20Internet

Google Translate is adequate in this case: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fopinion.ltn.com.tw%2Finform%2Fcomplain_1.php%3Ftype%3D3

Screenshot_20190219-220744_Samsung%20Internet

David Allan Broderick
Dave
County is it Taipei ?
Title Mr
Content?

Or do I fill in my information?