Mister Donut

They are opening loads of stores in the MRT now, prepare for a fat explosion!

Ha, the rice flour-wheat donut.

I see tons of Mr Donutā€™s around MRT exits. No line, cuz no competition. But not really good. Taste hasnā€™t changed, cheap and not donut like, but sells well.Very manufactured and not local like donuts I was used to.

Itā€™s Japanese flavor. Mr. Donut is Japanese actually, now.

Ah, I never knew thatā€™s what gave it its special texture. I know theyā€™re not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but I can dig it. Iā€™m your typical Taiwanese in this way, I like it when food is Qā€¦

I like the Old Fashioned, not ricey.

1 Like

I still shake my head remembering how big the lines were when this chain first appeared.

Very rarely Iā€™ll grab something in the Mister Donut at Danshui MRT Station on my home, and I always wonder why I bothered - not to my taste, and if Iā€™m going to eat something that unhealthy, Iā€™d better really enjoy it. On the other hand, I do enjoy Krispy Kreme (or at least their more basic ones), and itā€™s probably good for my health that the nearest one is about an hour away from me.

1 Like

I do that. Iā€™ll occasionally buy a donut on a whim, and then after Iā€™ve finished it, think: WTF did I buy that for?

1 Like

Mr donut is disappointing. My uncle opened a donut shop and another bakery. I used to work at this donut shop in the summer and enjoyed all the leftovers before they threw it away. So good, I love donuts and pigs in a blanket. Mr donut doesnā€™t look bad and sometimes I get fooled into thinking maybe this time it wonā€™t suck so much, it looks good. But it always taste bad.

Mr Donut is really bottom of the pack for me.

Krispy Kreme > Dunkin Donut > Mr Donut

And I donā€™t even think Krispy Kreme is that good. Thereā€™s a lot of small chains in the US that blow it away. But as far as donuts in Taiwan, itā€™s the best we can get here. :expressionless:

3 Likes

The thing with mister donut is they look really delicious but theyā€™re not. They have them at 711 next to my house now.

I agree thatā€™s gross

Iā€™m not a fan of Mister Donut, but I really like their cinnamon rolls.
Probably because they have a lot more sugar than anything else at Mister Donut.

Mrdonut

1 Like

If we ever needed tattoo-faced foreigner to firebomb another 7/11 letā€™s ask him to at least take out one with a Mister Donut.

2 Likes

I kind of like Mister Donut stuff , itā€™s a bit lighter than regular donuts and not too big. A little bit chewy. But like all donuts you donā€™t want to be eating them too regularly.

They taste like packaged donuts but worse.

I love chocolate glazed donuts

Chocolate-Glazed-Donuts

edit: not Mr Donutā€™s version.
Dunkinā€™ Donuts, etc.

Much worse. These packaged donuts blow Mister Donut away.

2 Likes

Even those packaged donuts have a better texture than mister donut.

Yeah, them Mister Donuts got that weird waxy non-sweet icing that feels like cable insulation or something
Blick

3 Likes