Mister Donut

Yes, there is a Mister Donuts in Kaohsiung now. I heard Tapei also has a branch. I drove down there yesterday craving a good blueberry filled donut or a cinnamon pastry. The real kind, not some wannabe crappy donuts like the ones you can buy at your local bakery.

I could not believe the line up at that store!!! :astonished: There was about 200 people lined up and the wait was about 2 hours. Yes, 2 hours wait for some donuts. Needless to say I did not get any donuts but it was torture because I could see all the donuts in the window, I could smell them. But 2 hours?! :s

You know you live in the land of shitty donuts whenā€¦

I had to take pictures it was so ridiculous. BTW, Iā€™m camping outside the shop tonight. Iā€™ll have a guitar and Iā€™ll be burning ghost money to stay warm. It will be like a bond fire/donut party. Anyone interested in joining me? :unamused:

bobepine

What a bunch of suckers! Bobepine, you should go down there with a box of Portuguese egg tarts and walk up and down the line eating them with relish, while asking the sad dweebs: ā€œSo how long did you wait in line for the egg tarts a few years back? Worth it, was it? SUCKAHS!ā€

By the way, if itā€™s anything like it was in Taipei, the store staff will come out and try to chase you away if you point and laugh. The do-nut brains wonā€™t because theyā€™ll be far too scared of losing their place in the queue.

Good sport for a boring afternoon. :wink:

Same in Taipei when they just opened. Now the shops are ā€¦ mostly empty. Must really taste good then.

The donuts suck compared to Tim Hortons in Canada or Dunkin Donuts in the States.

I didnā€™t see any blueberry filled donuts when I was there last year.

The donuts are dry and tasteless.

I think I waited three :slight_smile:

Donuts were not that good, but it was fun standing in line and making fun of people standing in line. Make sure you do it with a buddy though.

During our wait we:
[ul][li]Setup a phone with GPRS[/li]
[li]Connected said phone to a Pocket PC device via bluetooth for Internet surfing[/li]
[li]Played a game of Chess[/li]
[li]Made many jokes[/li]
[li]AND MORE!!![/li][/ul]
I also dropped a bunch of donuts off at me wifeā€™s office and scored points there (Mr. Donut donuts were a hot itme at the time.) My wife still takes that Mr. Donut bag out and about from what must be almost a year ago now. The bag is/was more valuble than the donuts. :wink:

Lemmings.

Pasta.

The lines in Taipei are shorter now but Iā€™ve never seen an empty one. They are still too long for me. Once I walked by the store at NY NY and there was no line, so I went in a got a dozen. Thatā€™s the only time I have been. They are good but not that good. They have some Taiwaneseified donuts with the red bean and stuff. I have no business eating donuts anyway.

Siily meā€¦and I thought all the dumbasses lived up north. :s

ā€¦runs for the doorā€¦

You know as well as I that dumbasses are everywhere! I mean EVERYWHERE!!

Thereā€™s one in the Shilin night market that has been empty the few times Iā€™ve been down there. Donā€™t know if itā€™s always like that though.

When I first moved here about 5 years ago, a long time friend and I were talking about business ops in Taiwan. I make a really good American style donut. I suggested a donut shop and was quickly critisized because Taiwan people simply donā€™t like donuts. Now I have fun pointing to the lines and asking why all those people are waiting there. I know. It doesnā€™t take much to make me happy these days.
Still. I wonder how a REAL non-cardboard tasting donut, bismark, maple bar or bearclaw would go over. I tried Mr. D and, for my taste, they suck. Eat a mouth full of 7-11 bread goo and a spoon full of sugar and you get the same taste.

Sandman was once an hour and a half late meeting me for a drink.

Itā€™s the last time I wait that long for that doughnut. :laughing:

Seriously though folks, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever actually eaten a donut before. Deep fried sweet dough with sugar on, right? Sounds delish! Not. :sick:

Whatā€™s a bear claw, btw?

Mister donut is just another 很儽吃 mythā€¦ spread a rumor in Taiwan and hundreds of people will queue for hours, even for a bag full of shitā€¦ :loco:

Thatā€™s mean. Iā€™m still sad, I really wanted donuts. :frowning:

bobepine

My roommate brought home a box once and force fed it to me. It wasnā€™t badā€¦ but not doughnut good.

Yeah I live about 2 blocks away form that place and every time Iā€™ve been past there have been ridiculous queues outside. Suckersā€¦ At least it gives me a laugh every time I drive past. I gotta get me some stink bombs and do a drive-by or something, see what I can do about clearing up those lines.

On second thought, would anyone even notice a stink bomb going off in this place? :s

It hasnā€™t died down at the Taibei Main Station New World Shopping Centre location. This was taken on Feb. 26, 2006! :astonished:

The line near 101 only had about 40 people in it last time I went by.

Maybe being seen waiting in line outside a Mister Donut is the latest trend in Taiwan.