Kaohsiung City - Hotels | Mokkie Goes to Kaohsiung

watch a bunch of vids on youtube about kaohsiung, nearby tainan , etc and taiwan in general to get a good overview of things.

Thanks!

Which streets in Kaohsiung have lots of Hk style restaurants please?

kindness is definitely not a 3 star hotel. i don´t know what 3 stars include but while it´s fairly clean, it´s a rather noisy environment. their amenities are very simple, included breakfast, some pc´s to use but other than that…no. and their sound insulation is very bad to say the least…you can hear your neighbours from a floor away…

maybe if you could be more clear about your price span and certain amenities you´re looking for, i could give you a better recommendation.

Under TWD800/night with fast WiFi would be best.

Are there any decent international branded hotels in Kaohsiung?

:rofl: good luck. Places do exist for that price, but they don’t have any stars

Really old hotels in Kaohsiung are about 1200$. Anything decent is at least 2200$. You might find something for 800$ but that would likely be by the train station and used as an hourly room

4 Likes

1 Like

Perhaps not as much joking as this. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Well, we have HK style restaurants here. None are that spectacular though.

Aside from enjoying Taiwanese food while hanging out in KHH I’ll need Hk style cuisine once in a while.

Thanks!
I googled and found 10-20 surprisingly.

1 Like

I searched on websites and apps and found Taiwan rated three star hotels at under HKD200/TWD800 per night.

I’m not fleeing Hk because of the Hk national security law to be passed by the CCP in 1/2 days in Beijing by the way.

I never said that… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

finding good HK restaurants in Taiwan is like finding good Taiwanese restaurants in HK.

1 Like

Yup. Only an hour and a bit apart by airplane, yet so so far. : D

Guy

1 Like

Last time a pal looked on a website to book a hotel it sent him to the mountains of Xindian…next to a cemetery. An abandoned cemetery. It said 25 minute walk to a bus…that rolled every 45 minutes and stopped at 8:30pm.

Please let us know where you’re booking. We certainly would tell you if you will be staying at the equivalent of The Happy Family here in Taipei.

2 Likes

There are some remarkable places in Gongguan.

At least here we can still enjoy yam cha.

1 Like

Yes, and you have (DimSum) at night here in Taiwan (in Taipei some 24hr places). In Kaoshiung many hotels offer decent Dim Sum lunch and dinner. The price is often higher than Hong Kong as in Taiwan non local food is often much more expensive (the exceptions I find Vietman cafes and Japanese chains are cheaper here). Those two hotels do not offer Hong Kong Dim Sum (I had an Aussie Dimsum though)

Hi!
I have a question.

Is it legal for someone with a tourist visa to do voluntary work in Taiwan?

Thanks.