Moscow Mitch

Calling people they don’t like a Russian asset is what they do when they don’t like someone, they did it to Rep. Tulsi Gabbard recently. Russia’s propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard Didn’t like her criticism of Kamala Harris in the debates it seems.

Dirty tactics noticed in the Democrat campaign so far.
Kamala Harris on Biden “I don’t think you’re a racist, but you’re a racist”
Kirsten Gillibrand on Biden, “You’re a sexist” Kirsten Gillibrand Targets Biden’s Views on Women
Kamala Harris on Tulsi Gabbard “you’re an Assad apologist” Media go with the play and imply shes got the backing of Russians.

It’s what they do, they can’t help themselves. You’re sexist, racist, homophobe, you’re a Russian. When that fails get some women to claim they were sexually assaulted 30 years ago.

3 Likes

Has anyone looked into the fact that the New Jersey Nets are owned by a Russian with a net worth of 10b dollars? Clearly something fishy going on there.

1 Like

which was made possible by the Treasury Department’s decision in January to lift sanctions on Rusal and other companies owned by Oleg Deripaska

Oleg Deripaska! Again! He actually gets a few mentions in the Mueller report, due to his connections with Manafort. Doesn’t mention that he hired Christopher Steele at the same time he was creating a dossier for Fusion GPS or that Bruce Ohr approached him for dirt on Donald Trump or that Robert Mueller enlisted the help of Deripaska for some hostage negotiation.

This guys like a bad penny that keeps turning up. Seem to recall Mark Warner of the Senate Intelligence Committee was caught texting with a lobbyist for Deripaska in an effort to set up a meeting with Steele.

I wonder what they are up to this time.

Extremely fishy …especially for a franchise that changed its name and relocated years ago!

1 Like

Look like he finally read the Senate’s own report

1 Like

However, a number of other bills to enhance the security and integrity of the US election process passed by Congress are still blocked by Mitch and will not be taken up by the Senate.

2 Likes

I just can’t see any reason to block this except for the obvious : election interference helps republicans.

1 Like

https://www.salon.com/2019/12/18/mcconnell-appears-to-break-with-the-constitution-on-trump-impeachment-im-not-an-impartial-juror/

Moscow and Graham, who both admitted impartiality should recuse themselves. If not, there should be consequences for violating that oath, both directly and politically.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters Tuesday that he will not act as an “impartial juror” during the Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

“I’m not an impartial juror. This is a political process. There’s nothing judicial about it. Impeachment is a political decision,” said McConnell, R-Ky. “The House made a partisan political decision to impeach. I would anticipate we will have a largely partisan outcome in the Senate. I’m not impartial about this at all.”

McConnell’s remarks are significant, because, according to Senate rules, lawmakers in the upper chamber must take an oath pledging to act as an “impartial justice” before engaging in an impeachment trial.

2 Likes

Someone has completely lost the plot.

1 Like

Yep, Mitch and Graham. At least you’re not totally unreasonable, thanks for that.

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll hear a lot more about this from Greta-syndromers with their endless energy.

The stack, a symbolic replication of legislation McConnell refuses to bring to a vote, was reportedly the brain child of Senator Debbie Stabenow. According to her office, it includes more than 300 bills about voter registration, background checks for firearm sales, domestic violence, climate change, minimum wage increases and other issues.

The do-nothing strategy spearheaded by McConnell’s office seems intentional, Democrats claim. Back in September, McConnell promised to be a “grim reaper” to any and all progressive legislation. But, as multiple Senators pointed out Wednesday, more than 275 of these “dead” bills cleared the House with bipartisan support.

2 Likes

I’m liking him more and more.

2 Likes

Sitting on passed bipartisan bills that exist to serve the voting/taxpaying public’s interests, for political reasons, and you’re cheering him on. Good for you @rowland!

You with the sad eyes
Don’t be discouraged, oh I realize
It’s hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

1 Like

I’m not partisan enough to be impressed by bipartisan support.

1 Like

So you’re not partisan, and are not swayed by bills just because they’re partisan. Both fair points.

But this then means you object to the bills themselves. Which ones do you object to, that he’s sitting on? All of them? We will wait. You’re so quick to chime in, you must have a detailed explanation as to why you encourage MM not putting them to a vote.

For example, which domestic violence bills do you oppose?

Also, why are you scared of these bills being put to a vote in the first place, in the Republican-controlled senate, at that?

I don’t expect much from you to be honest, based on your previous minimal responses. Your effort levels resemble someone trying to bump a thread to the next page, rather than someone interested in honest discourse, imo.

I’d try to improve on that effort level if you don’t want to be perceived as anything but disruptive. That’s just my take, and friendly advice. :2cents:

Whats with this Russian Hysteria? None of it existed until Hillarys 1st presidential debate when she talked about it 3-4 times then I had a feeling it would be the new DNC and Media push. Now thats the Democrats answer to everything…Tulsi Gabbard?? Russian Asset. Oh Please Hillary and DNC only you can save us from Mother Russia!
Whose next? Andrew Yang? Bernie?

1 Like

She was paying for the Steele Dossier/FusionGPS, so she would have been aware of the Russian setup from around March/April of 2016. Certainly long before the debates.

Rep. Louie Gohmert today.

What are you referring to? Only topics today have been Moscow Mitch sitting on passed bills, and his comments on not being impartial. And then rowland being rowland, of course.

Corruption runs deep with Moscow Mitch:

Last month, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stonewalled a plan to fix the the nation‘s roads, bridges, mass transit, and other crumbling infrastructure, despite the urgency of the issue and the outline of the deal receiving rare support from both Democrats and the White House. But, as it turns out, McConnell isn’t opposed to all infrastructure spending. In fact, he’s quite open to it when it‘s flowing specifically to towns in his home state, thanks to a special arrangement with the Transportation Department set up by his Cabinet secretary wife.

Politico reports that Elaine Chao, spouse of Mitch, “designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.” That liaison, Chao’s current chief of staff, Todd Inman, wrote in an email to McConnell’s office that Chao had “personally asked him to serve as an intermediary”—a benefit bestowed on no other state—and that he should be contacted if there were any “Ky-specific issue[s]” that should be flagged for the secretary’s attention. According to reporters Tucker Doherty and Tanya Synder, that included grants with special significance to the senator, such as a highway-improvement project that had twice been rejected.

2 Likes