Moving avatar

Continuing the discussion from Idiots:

How to add moving gifs as avatar?

Yep, it’s supported. Go to your admin control panel → Settings tab → Files section, and then look for the “allow animated avatars” checkbox.

But I would be against it. Hard to read if stuff is moving around and blinking.

It was like this in the previous platform. Did you it find difficult to read then?

. . . . . . . . . . . . … . . . Can you read like this? . . . . . . . . . . . . … . . .

I got your point. But the avatar is small, so it would be something now like this:

That example was extreme.

I see little benefit for animated avatars in regards of mostly text based communication platform.

May be make a poll?

Sure. Why not?

Should animated avatars be allowed on Forumosa?

• Yes. It makes the experience more entertaining.
  • No. It’s distracting.
0 voters

tenor

4 Likes

Yes, of course.

Results are quite balanced, but seems like most people (including aliens and animals) are in favor of it.
I know this form is not a democracy, but would the poll results be of any use to Forumosa admins?

Would there be an option to turn them of in personal settings?

I personally dislike them, they remind me of 90’s websites where you couldn’t read any information as things are constantly bobbing around.

:ponder: :howyoudoin: Now that gives me an idea

I would like to see " likes" shown …just so that I can see how many millions @Dr_Milker has attained :eek:

Just as long as the damn things aren’t jumping around. :upside_down_face:

You must be approaching a humongous number … I dare not even look . Seemed not so long ago that 500 likes was really high . Wonder why the huge increase?

Don’t tell me you can’t read the text just because there’s an animation! :roll:

dancing%20Jesus%20gif

Sorry what you trying to say?:banana:

I’m all for the moving avatars. It’s all I can think about.

Can you re-send . I could not read it because it kept moving around :rofl:

Kudos vs likes, maybe? On the old format kudos somehow seemed like a bigger deal. I throw a lot more likes around than I ever did kudos.