Mpox (Monkeypox) 🙈 nasty!

In stock because of threats from biological warfare.

IIRC it was actually a monkeypox vaccine they’d ordered, not a smallpox vaccine. Have I got that wrong? Why would anyone use monkeypox for a biological attack?

So basically pseudoscience nonsense.

It is (or was a few decades ago) still common to get the vaccine in many parts of the world. Most of my Russian and Ukrainian friends have that mark on their arms.

1 Like

Yes, because most of the time the “conspiracy” relies on deliberately failing to read or understand something. There’s always some massive mental gymnastics that has to be made to believe in this nonsense.

2 Likes

What nonsense are we referring to specifically?

Go and look at the CDC page about vaccine safety and efficacy. It’s an enormous steaming pile of bullshit. It’s easy to understand because it’s designed to be understood by people with double-digit IQs. And it’s misleading in the extreme. Why would you trust people who do stuff like that?

1 Like

" Is there a vaccine for monkeypox?

“ An approved vaccine for monkeypox—MVA-BN—is not widely available . Tecovirimat (TPOXX), as both oral and IV medication is approved in the U.S. for treating smallpox and oral form in Europe to treat cowpox, monkeypox, and smallpox. The FDA also approved brincidofovir (Tembexa) in 2021 to treat smallpox."

Ah, you could be right. A generic vaccine for multiple poxes, I guess.

People get viruses regularly and this gradually builds up their overall immunity. I don’t understand any issue about this

1 Like

Playing in dirt and poop (on a farm) as a kid helps, playing videogames doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Are the scars the only evidence? Are you sure they aren’t from the bcg vaccine?

In the Uk, smallpox vaccine was discontinued in 1971.

Bcg was stopped in 2005.

I have a scar. It is from the BCG vaccine.

Yeah, I don’t think you’d notice a smallpox-vax scar. The BCG leaves quite a noticeable mark - I can remember it festering for a couple of weeks - but the smallpox one generally doesn’t.

behold, a Renaissance man is amongst us. You do realize what the average IQ is, and that info on these government service landing pages needs to be intelligible to as many people as possible for it to be effective right? But I think you already knew that Mr. Mensa :sunglasses:

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Not mokey pox (but still nasty)

Here is the aforementioned bullshit.

Almost all of what is written here (with the obvious exception of the bit about microchips and magnets, which I guess they threw in there as a credibility-enhancing ploy) is either demonstrably false, uses specious reasoning, or is deliberately misleading by careful choice of phrasing. It is not merely “easy to read”: it’s written using simple language to convey an incorrect message. “FACT: Nearly all the ingredients in COVID-19 vaccines are also ingredients in many foods – fats, sugars, and salts.” is my favourite example. There’s so much wrong with that sentence that it can’t possibly be accidental.

The fact that you have the educational background to spot that it’s bullshit makes your stance even more unfathomable.

1 Like

The world has just opened up, and TPTB are salivating at locking down the masses once again.
Has Pfizer and Moderna finished their monkeypox vaccine test-production yet?

The infections were all linked to a festival in the port city of Antwerp, according to the Daily Mail , as Belgium is now one of 14 countries to confirm outbreaks of the viral disease (in addition to suspected, but not confirmed cases in Austria and Greece).

Monkeypox is a rare viral infection that originates in the tropical areas of west and central Africa. It is transmitted by very close contact with an infected person, including sexual intercourse. Symptoms are usually mild - with most patients recovering within a few weeks with no treatment.

Around 1% of those who contract the current strain will die.

'The community transmission is largely centred in urban areas and we are predominantly seeing it in individuals who self-identify as gay or bisexual, or other men who have sex with men."

Asked why it is being found in that demographic, she said: ’ That’s because of the frequent close contacts they may have . -Daily Mail

Symptoms include; fever, headache, muscle and back aches, swollen lymph nodes, chills, exhaustion, and of course, lesions. Nobody has died of the viral disease to date in the latest outbreak.

Is there’s a slight concern about being disfigured? Permanent scarring all over the body?

1 Like

Why?

3 Likes

A good question, which hasn’t been asked nearly enough over the last couple of years.

You mean you haven’t already built one? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What on Earth have you been up to these last two years?! Oh right, arguing on Forumosa. I forgot.

4 Likes

Not everyone can escape in their own spaceship you know… :laughing:

2 Likes