Mrs. Field's Cookies are now in Taiwan

Mrs Fields and Uncle Ben got together for a short while back in the 50s. Affair so it was all hush hush . Before they split up they did manage to procreate .

I prefer asian custard flavoured things to actual real custard from back home…that stuff just looks wrong.

I think taiwanese traditional desserts are actually pretty good. and look pretty good. way better than those victorian abominations.

But for biscuits and cookies and stuff taiwan is a hard fail.

1 Like

rice pudding?

1 Like

I am mostly with you on Taiwanese ice and mochi desserts , especially in hot humid Taiwan.

Ambrosia rice pudding.

Anybody know if Mrs Fields was a real person or some marketing persons wet dream (yep - she is/was a real person) ?

Baked some last weekend paired with homemade guava jam.

1 Like

:drooling_face:

Sometimes the best things are simple. Flour, salt, baking powder, butter, milk and an oven at full whack.
In the US, I cooked with so many convenience crutches, but here, I’ve really learned how to cook.

1 Like

you guys haven’t mentioned the gold standard

3 Likes

Do they sell them in taipei?? i’ve not seen any…

Another thing i would never touch. As its rice do taiwanese people dig it?? you could tell them its english zhou or something…

1 Like

Looks great! I had some baklava at Saturn Landing Turkish coffee. Very good but made my miss my Greek neighbor’s gift of baked goods. I don’t know if we can even by filo pastry here.

…or was it?

1 Like

Oo, thanks. I didn’t know this place existed.

1 Like

Cocoa cereals cookies handmade yummy

How was the texture?
Soft and moist or rock hard?

They look moist from the photo

:rofl:

Guy

Those cookies are crispy

That I believe. : )

Guy

Walked by over the weekend and tried it out of curiosity. It was bad. The brownie had a visible layer of fat on the bottom. The cookies were not particularly soft nor heated (this wasn’t offered). Coffee was not available, unsure if it was out or the machine was broken. The space was dirty and one of the workers was busy cleaning an unused roped off area at the back which seemed perfectly clean. I give it a year.

2 Likes

you can
I made it by myself

So you are running the franchise?

The product is not industrially produced?

Tell us more.

Guy