Must read on the prospects of an invasion by the PRC

Cost of shooting a nuke warhead: tens of
Millions

Cost of invasion: billions

Cost of winning the war by only threatening to do the above, in the face of a broken world: priceless

Why do you think China wants Taiwan and not Mongolia?

And tell me. Acting on the threats have gone OH SO swimmingly for China in Hong Kong. Even what they think is a death blow hasn’t deterred them from opposing China…and they’re INSIDE enemy territory.

Nope. Even ignoring ethics to the degree that they apply to real world politics, and the fact that Taiwan is a functioning Asian democracy being attacked by an authoritarian state, there is the fallout such an attack would cause with worldwide disruption of essential memory chips and electronics.

In short, US and Japan would be sure to react against such a nakedly aggressive act.

Personally, I would never fuck with Mongolia. They already kicked everybody’s asses once, and their people are hard as hell. They ferment horse milk and drink it to get a buzz. Meanwhile Taiwanese people are over here ordering one large boba milk tea, less ice and half sugar, please, then having some lactose intolerance-induced bathroom time later.

3 Likes

Mongolia is still a province of the ROC I’ll have you know. They don’t know it. No one knows it. But it’s a fact(ish).

Sure they’ll react. Question is what will their reaction be. Do you imagine US planes ships and allies bombing, fighting the PLA? Do you imagine US troops fighting alongside Japan’s troops in a combat with PLA soldiers? If yes and if there’s a strong chance of that happening, maybe China will back off. But if not, China will play its hand with exactly this thinking that these countries will do big talk, put sanctions etc. and nothing more.

Look at HK - UK didn’t bat an eyelid over HK. As their own leaders said they can’t do anything if China tomorrow stops HKers from leaving. Did UK even do anything symbolic like moving a motion against them in international bodies, or break off diplomatic relations with Beijing? No, because money talks & for them HK is disposable.

For years Beijing has been playing these games in the S. China sea. If the world was really united, by now we’d have had countries like Japan, Taiwan, philly, Viet, Korea form an Asian NATO; which would have been strong enough to not be bullied. But we haven’t even heard of something like that, have we? Somehow the Asian countries are not that united.

So the question really is, is Taiwan disposable for the rest of the world? Democracy and a few memory chips won’t cut it, IMHO.

Like I said, why do you think China wants Taiwan?

1 Like

Not really, unless you are taking about Inner Mongolia.

By the time the ROC constitution was passed on Dec 25 1946, the ROC already recognized Mongolia’s independence by signing the Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance on Aug 14 1945 and the subsequent Mongolian Independence referendum.

Even though the ROC government nullified the Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance later, by then China was controlled by the CCP.

Back in 2012, the Mainland Affairs Council issued a statement saying:

When the ROC constitution was adopted in 1947, our government already recognized Mongolia’s (commonly known as Outer Mongolia) independence. Therefore Mongolia is not included in the “current and long lasting territories” stated in Article 4 of the constitution. Even though the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced to nullify the Sino-Soviet Treaty of Friendship and Alliance, the government never went through the procedures of altering the territories as specified in the constitution.

By the same logic, Japan never formally transferred Taiwan’s sovereignty to the ROC, and there never was a National Assembly decision to alter ROC territory to include Taiwan. Therefore, Taiwan is not constitutionally a part of the ROC.

Funny, I distinctly remember maps of the ROC in the 90’s which included Outer Mongolia.

Here’s Turton’s map:

Those claims were unconstitutional, as was the military occupation of Taiwan, and many other things under the KMT dictatorship.

True dat.

Easy access to the Pacific?

I surely will keep October and April as only possible times for an invasion in mind. October 2020, last opportunity with Trump in power…

The loss of foreign investment in China would be equally if not more devastating to China.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ed4ryYokLzU

Adding onto that, there is the:

Loss of domestic demand through the loss of soldiers
Loss of Taiwan’s demand for Chinese goods

I think Kaohsiung would suffer most, also Taoyuan, where all the military is. Imagine they start firing rockets at the bases in those densely populated outskirts of Taoyuan City. Hundreds of thousands of casualties. Just not worth is. You’ll have 20 million people hate and despise you for at least 50 years.

Well, 5 years at least…I mean, there’s a LOT of good stuff on Netflix now.

Please remember the plan is to repopulate Taiwan, get rid of the troublesome locals.

These CCP bastards were capable of running their own people over with tanks. In order to hang on to power, they are capable of anything. No rules of engagement apply. No logic. They can nuke the whole island for what the world cares.

1 Like