Nancy Pelosi's Progressively Worse Thread

Thanks for your contribution. :slightly_smiling_face:

Haven’t read it, but the reporting seems to be focused on the Senate not having it. It’s an unnecessary distraction for both parties. Be nice if they could like solve it before each state gets a whack at it, right?

BS story. NVDIA isn’t some small time chipmaker. Don’t need insider knowledge to know it’s about bottomed out.

Maybe she’ll bring Taiwan some of those big guns.

1 Like

I doubt she will actually come but if it happens it will be a huge deal . Personally i dont know whats the point of it happening? Its like US Politicians just take advantage of already sensitive situation to gain more points because if things get really bad, they wont be under the blame for it.

China’s economy is a water balloon and Taiwan independence is a pin cushion. That’s the point.

It also signals to China that if they don’t back off, escalation can happen on both sides and that the US stands with Taiwan

Well i am all anti china but also when i think realistically, yes they wont start a war because of it but now they send 5 planes and after that they will send 50 planes a day. Maybe even fly closer. So how is it making them back off? as i can see, it will just make the things escalate faster. Or maybe i am missing something.

1 Like

Look at where you are in the grand scheme of US/China/Taiwan relations. Of course you’re missing something. What are you going to do? :idunno:

1 Like

“Nancy Pelosi “has seen her wealth increase to nearly $115 million from $41 million in 2004,” and much of it comes from her husband’s wildly successful trading of stocks and options in companies she influences and about which she has non-public knowledge.”

1 Like
1 Like

Naturally Mrs. Pelosi was asked about Mr. Biden’s remarks at her weekly presser. “I think what the President is saying,” she replied, is that “maybe the military was afraid our plane would get shot down or something like that by the Chinese. I don’t know exactly. I didn’t see it. I didn’t hear it. You’re telling me, and I’ve heard it anecdotally, but I haven’t heard it from the President.”

Jesus. She doesn’t know and that’s what she thinks out loud? Gtfooh! Is she trolling China or gaslighting Biden?

paywall

1 Like

But last week it was reported that just ahead of a bill that will be brought before the House of Representatives for a vote, Mr. Pelosi invested $5 million into an American semiconductor company.

The timing is important because the legislation coming up in Congress will subsidize American semiconductor manufacturing with $52 billion.

That’s bad enough. If you or I did that, basing our investments on insider knowledge, such as being in control of congressional votes or knowing their timing, we’d be in big trouble from federal regulators.

Looks like Mrs. Pelosi has that covered though. In a weird floor announcement last week, Mrs. Pelosi asked all of the members of Congress to give an ovation to one of her long-time, outgoing staffers. She then announced that he will be moving over to the Security and Exchange Commission-the agency that regulates insider trading and other stock trading activities.

The timing of the Pelosi stock trade, the congressional vote, and the movement of Mrs. Pelosi’s staffer to the SEC may be nothing more than an interesting artifact, a coincidence.

1 Like

Interesting little trick for WSJ, search the headline in google and the article in question should be the top result, click on that and so long as you are going to the WS from a google search, they let you read the whole thing.

http://www.jongales.com/blog/2014/02/13/how-to-get-around-the-wsj-paywall/

3 Likes

ah yeah I always do that on my phone but on my laptop I had a brainfart. Read this one last night
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/22/nancy-pelosi-should-ignore-china-biden-go-to-taiwan/

Use incognito mode or they’ll still limit you to one article

Is Pelosi catching whatever Biden has? :thinking:

So. no discussion of the President and Foreign Minister of South Korea calling in a vacation day on Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Seoul, according to various local media.

Maybe he’s trying to signal that he doesn’t need our military aid anymore?

1 Like