Nancy Pelosi's Progressively Worse Thread

Wow. She’s acting more presidential than Biden.

Good Morning

Well yeah, dementia was also in the Venn overlap.

Now local news saying that not one gov’t official of South Korea greeted her plane. She’s persona non grata there. Was an accidental tourist to the DMZ.

She’s persona non grata there.

Why?

Yep, looks like she is seen as a “persona non grata” in Korea to me… :upside_down_face:

John Vick would like a word with you buddy.

She is more presidential than Biden…although that’s not saying much.

Where’s the President? Oh yeah, he was on vacation, heard about her trip 2 weeks ago, and still did not change his vacation plans.
Looks like that’s South Korean National Assembly Speaker Kim Jin-pyo.
Ooohhh. She got to meet the NA Speaker, same level as she. :clap:

1 Like

So that is what “persona non grata” is to you? Interesting.

persona non grata to South Korea’s President and Foreign Minister, yeah.

I don’t like small clips like this as they lack context. Before he asked her a question was he just on the sidelines and hadn’t greeted her yet?

oh ok, I noticed you used the word “there” and I, for some reason, assumed you meant like the whole country of South Korea or something.

Why wouldn’t the president of Korea and the foreign minister want to meet her?

I looked a little online and couldn’t see anything.

Em heavies!

Not entirely sure either. He is doing quite terrible in recent polling, though not sure if this is related to that. Some think he is kowtowing to China by not wanting to associate, or perhaps he thinks it is only necessary someone of equal rank in his own country to meet with her.

Perhaps him doing this was an attempt to try to not further escalate tensions in this region of the world, or provide some ambiguity so as to not jeopardize any imminent deals with China. So many possibilities really.

Korea is certainly closer to China than many other countries in this region are, but I am not sure if Korea’s relationship with China has anything to do with what the media is calling a snub.

2 Likes

Since when did you care about presidents being presidential? :sweat_smile:

A president doesn’t necessarily need to be presidential in the traditional sense, but you’d hope they’d be at least…something?

Something is a good word for it. I’d hope for at least a little experience, basic knowledge of government, middle school geography. If companies hired like we choose presidents, they wouldn’t make it four years.

The problem is nobody wants to be president except people who have no business being president. I mean, would you want to be president?

Didn’t think so.

Nancy Pelosi wasn’t persona non grata in Singapore, but her views on “socially divisive” issues can stay home according to the Singapore government. “Moolah yes, everything else …”

Sparta

1 Like