New Economic Immigration Bill

“The bill has been announced for public comments from Aug. 6 to Oct. 5, 2018 on NDC’s Public Policy Participation Platform.”

Notice of the draft “New Economic Immigration Bill”
https://www.ndc.gov.tw/News_Content.aspx?n=16EAF08D05578B2F&sms=843D002B5C4B741F&s=6F043644773FA8B6

The Public Policy Participation Platform (in Chinese)
https://join.gov.tw/policies/detail/1b688f9c-5f05-47ce-ab56-10820643a38a

I found this is already posted, though, this bill could have a separate thread.

"the Cabinet would ensure new regulations do not affect the salaries of Taiwanese.”

Oh don’t worry, white collar foreigners won’t be beating down the doors to come here and take away all the locals jobs. Even the locals don’t want them, they are all bringing their skills elsewhere where they get paid and recognized for a job well done .

Those of us that would love to stay here and be professionals in our field find it next to impossible.

Reading through some of the submissions.
First guys complains on and on that foreigners are just going to come here and leach off nhi. You mean like the old people who go every day to get their moneys worth? He ends by asking if then government has any brains in making this plan up and to use their brains… what a nice guy.

Another Jackoff suggests that the government should avoid allowing non nationality people citizenship.

Another says the population needs to go down. Read into that, he basically says we don’t need foreigners.

Yet another points out there are a lot of overseas Chinese that want to come in and should get priority over foreigners.
Who was that they said the locals are all so friendly and white foreigners don’t face discrimination.?

The nastiest comment is from someone who asks why bad foreigners are coming here, and blames them for drug abuse, AIDS, beating local elderly, absenteeism, leaching off NHI
I’ll post the text in Chinese so people can see how we are really viewed.

國家發展在質的提升, 而不是量的增加, 人口數減少, 對台灣的土地是有利的, 真的想對台灣這塊土地更加愛護, 就要想辦法提升人口的素質, 不要讓一些為非作歹的人留在台灣。滾回自己的國家!現在一堆外勞在台灣怠工, 虐待老人, 生產力沒有提升, 卻送不回國, 這個問題才嚴重。

留下好的人才是不錯, 但是爛人為什麼送不走呢?吸毒的, 怠工的, 染AIDS的, 故意來台灣用健保資源的…

Reading on there were a few nice submissions from people supporting foreigners but they seem to be outweighed by the racists… I really appreciate those people that showed support.
What bugs me is not knowing which of the people smiling at me in daily life really.means it.

Next to impossible for a decent wage is correct.

I actually achieved that for the moment but the journey to it was too long and too difficult. Would never recommend to newbs.
Also if you lose a decent gig it’s real hard to get another one.

Just approved by the Executive Yuan today - will now head to the Legislative Yuan for review and voting

One thing they are right: there is indeed a number of people leeching off the NHI, using it in spite of not living in Taiwan nor having contributed/contributing to the syystem. Surprise, surprise, they are those Overseas compatriots who have both ROC and foreign passports. It is actually impossible for a foreigner to suck off the NHI, can’t even abscond with the bill.

imagine actually believing this

I’m a dual citizen. When I was 8n Taiwan. I had t pay out of pocket.

Thank you for paying. A lot unfortunately don´t… and like to brag about it.