New Economic Immigration Bill

Any news about THIS BILL

as the saying goes, no news is good news

Jason, you’ve been posting what seems to be the same query again and again. It’s obvious to us you are passionate about this issue. May I ask you to use this passion productively to follow what’s happening and report to us what you find, instead of asking us again and again for updates?

In short, it’d be much appreciated if you could also contribute to what we know.

Thank you in advance for considering this.

Guy

7 Likes

someone may post here or somewhere if there is some news.

FYI
After a current short Interim session at legislative yuan, they have lunar new year holidays.

The bill is one of 16 major tasks of National development council in 2020, so they will work for it.

十. 完備攬才及移民法規架構,全面優化國際人才在臺工作及生活環境,持續推動「新經濟移民法」之立法,並以數位創新方法,擘劃人口及人才政策。

For those who are following this, it has been brought up for review again in the current legislative session.

https://lis.ly.gov.tw/lylgmeetc/lgmeetkm?.372a08D000010000000000000000^0000100000A100000100E9D103f7d

5 Likes

Excellent!!!

Can’t open the link

https://lis.ly.gov.tw/lylgmeetc/lgmeetkm?.38720FC900100001000000000^00000010000A000000010000A4003e4e

Here you go…

1 Like

in chinese words :wink: sorry cant read chinese letters, what’s the latest news all about? thank you.

the draft was submitted, and they decided to review it.

2 Likes

is it in the legislative yuan?and when they gonna voted upon?

It is at the committee stage of the Legislative Yuan and currently under review.

1 Like

How many other stages are left?

After the committee’s review, it should be read and voted for 3 times.

To put things in perspective, the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professional Talent passed its third reading in the Legislative Yuan on 31st October 2017 and came into effect on 8th February 2018.

1 Like

Need to look through this thread properly later when I have more time, but am I correct in thinking that this is the bill that would allow people with an employment gold card to self-register for NHI without an employer and without the six-month waiting period with no more than one trip outside Taiwan?

It (added: the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professional Talent) was ubmitted on May 23, committee review, 1st reading Sep. 22, 2nd and 3rd readings Oct. 31.

2 Likes

Tando you mean its been in the 3rd Reading the last time then after that its been rejected and didnt passed?and i want to know also after the 3rd reading then if didnt passed it will go again to the committee review again?

I edited the post. It in the post refers to the Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professional Talent.

The new economic immigration bill was submitted 2018 December, and didn’t pass the 1st reading, then it was returned to committees 2019 April. And the previous session was over before the bill came back.

Hi all,

Small movement in the New Economic Immigration Bill (新經濟移民法). Last week the bill was again presented to the legislature and was again sent to committee (the same three as last time: economy, internal affairs, social welfare/health).

8 Likes