中華電信 no longer offers FOX News. Options?

Fox is biased. So is everything else. If you think otherwise, perhaps you’re the one that’s like those brainwashed Fox News watchers you despise.

2 Likes

I had a quite heated discussion on New Year’s Day with a representative for CHT. He claimed vehemently that there was notice given in November. BS! I told him that I watch TV every day I have never seen such a thing. By the way, since I know a person who works for CHT (MOD tech), I know that parts of our conversations with service personnel are added to our accounts as notes. This is their way of keeping track of was discussed in the past. When I spoke to the representative I demanded write down in my record that I have the expectation that if I was not discounted for the loss of channels, that I would not be charged for anyting starting from that day forward. Although this could not be promised, at least it can be recorded on my account profile for future reference. The more we complain, the more likely our demands can be met. Lest we all cancel our services. I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime anyways.

Maybe, but there should be some kind of limit or something that prevents them of reducing the offered package to regular channels only. Otherwise, it’s a quite abusive contract.

You should hear what CNN and MSNBC news readers tell themselves…it’s more like a sputtering and drooling sound. :grin:

Look I’ve been paying for Fox and now they deleted Fox do I get a refund?
no.

I paid for all these channels and now they disappear do I get a refund?
no

can I have an option?
no.

Has the cost of my bill decreased?
no

Some Bizarro world but really my reference USA is probably a hundred times worse so am I complaining?
yes.

3 Likes

I just switched to Changhwa Telecom last year because TBC did the same thing. I had them for years. When I first got here they had channels that played shows like Seinfeld, the office, law and order, etc. They also had like 6 HBO channels… There was always something on. They also had A&E. They slowly disappeared.
One day I’d turn on the box and there would be a message in Chinese. It asked you to click ok… It telling you that channels were being removed.
Over the years it got worse and worse. So I switched and the same thing is happening

They told me the channels themselves raise the prices and have contact terms, etc.
You sign the contract, can’t do much. I wonder if TBC is better now?

2 Likes

Sure. The hotbed of far right terrorism is just biased.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Usually the provider buys the signal from a regional distributor. Pricing varies depending on the provider’s reach, and the perceived value of the signal (ie, HBO is worth more). I wonder if this is a decision at CHT’s end, or if the distributor ended availability of the signal for the region? Good way to tell would be to check if Fox is still available from CHT’s competitors.

1 Like

It sure beats the hell out of the Comintern (aka as the CBC). Arctic rubes preaching Pearsonian white picket fence internationalism that is decades outdated. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’d rather listen to Buffalos sharting.

I strongly disagree. The CBC presents fair and honest news. Fox news commentators literally present false information.
The fact that you would compare a respected world renowned news source with that cesspool which has become literally propaganda for the Republican party is laughable

Fake news isn’t something isolated to FOX. As someone who used to watch CNN, they’re awful as well. Along with pretty much every major media outlet. Let’s not act like they’re also not cesspools and mouthpieces for political parties.

Then you got the worst of the worst. The BBC. Which actually forces British people to pay for as TV licenses if you want to watch TV. They are supposed to be actually neutral but is clearly not. At least other media outlets like fox of MSNBC aren’t paid for like that.

2 Likes

When reputable sources make a mistake they correct it. Fox news manufactures misleading, false stories for political benefit. The BBC is great and does not do this.

Exhibit A
Could ISIS terrorists be among the migrants?

1 Like

So did you miss how left leaning media outlets tried to ruin the lives of the Covington kids?

I thought you said you’re a centralist? You are able to see right leaning bias of fox but unable to admit left leaning bias of other news outlets? Every time I talk to you, you make me feel like a centralist.

BBC is left leaning. Although they do try to be somewhat neutral, they have a lot of left leaning staff that obviously show their own biases. None of which would be such a big deal if they were a private organization. the BBC basically makes anyone who watches TV pay for them. It’s not an option.

3 Likes

And the video. It seems to be true 100 people were arrested in Guatemala that have links to organizations like ISIS. I didn’t watch the entire video, but did Fox make the claim that there were ISIS in the caravans or did they say caravans like this, with hundreds of people, could be used to sneak in ISIS.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/isis-terrorists-guatemala-caravan/

If you are censoring yourself on which news to watch then you’re doing yourself a disservice. You should watch multiple sources and determine your own opinions.

You should not avoid a news source or only watch one source and let them determine your opinion.

7 Likes

They do exist. I don’t consume those sources either. CBC and BBC aren’t "left leaning biased sources” I have a high standard for news.

Saying that other people do it too doesn’t make what does right.

You can defend Fox news all you want.

I will continue to get true news from trusted and respected news sources who don’t knowingly produce false reports

Where am I defending Fox?

:sleeping: yawn semantics.
Enjoy your day Andrew.
I’m off to listen to my CBC podcast.

Yeah. I thought so. You are fake news. :grin:

1 Like