Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

I had my neighbor -the one who lives in a humid basement, perfect breeding ground for tuberculosis- scold me for not wearing a mask while going outside.

I replied: you put yours inside out. She freaked out and fixed immediately…virus side next to her mouth. Snicker.

2 Likes

Cyanide will not cure coronavirus.

Received this notice from CDC via the LINE group.

“Recently, some netizens on the Internet have disseminated “Cyanide can kill Wuhan pneumonia virus and prevent Chinese people from taking it …” and other false statements. The command center severely says that cyanide is highly toxic and would harm health. When you receive information about an epidemic of unknown or unproven origin, do not distribute or repost it at random to avoid breaking the law. The Central Epidemic Epidemic Command Center is concerned about your information Update Date 2020/2/8”

2 Likes

How stupid does someone have to be to ingest cyanide as a cure for coronavirus? Hopefully people that are that dumb can’t get their hands on it in the first place.

4 Likes

This is so frustrating because obviously we all want to know what the hell is going on and China won’t divulge anything.

4 Likes

Hopefully they can :upside_down_face:

Here’s some good news. Everyone on the Aquarius tested negative.

4 Likes

Seems there could be superspreaders. The death rate in one study is given at 4.3.

1 Like

Good news, Trump is on the case.

President Trump tweeted the coronavirus could weaken as weather warms. Scientists say it’s too early to know

3 Likes

“the notion that only older people contract the virus”? Who has that notion?

Older people are the majority of deaths, maybe.

Finally, we are one step to resolve all this pandemic crisis, hope Kim will show up and with Trump together they Twittering the solution?

Who are the other 2 horsemen?

Unfortunately no one has tested negative! No one was found to have a fever or other symptoms. Results of the blood tests from passengers won’t be available for another 4 to 5 days.

3 Likes

I think you would like this dark humor

3 Likes

I said this a month ago. And again earlier today. Most viruses can’t survive hot climates. Trump is just tweeting what he probably saw reported on FOXNews while he had his breakfast.

It can take a young healthy person and make them sick.

To the author of that article:
Well, duh. No kidding Sherlock!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

I think it comes from here (I can’t vouch for its authenticity):

2 Likes

wuhaners know that getting tossed into one of those “hospitals” is basically a death sentence at this point. if you weren’t sick, you 100% will be.

3 Likes

Oh, man, that’s sad. :frowning_face:

According to the article, the author is quoting “Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University.”

Above the the quote about young, healthy people becoming sick is the following:

“The cases, mostly in healthy, young adults, should dispel the notion that only older people contract the illness.”