Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

But people can be infected and contagious with this disease and not show symptoms.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

1 Like

Don’t let anyone coff at your face and keep your hands clean! Seems you need a big amount of droplets deeply in yours lung for you to be contaminated.

With people catching this thing just by passing through an airport i’m beginning to doubt this.

3 Likes

If you’re referencing the infected couple who passed through HKG airport, the source I read indicated that the likely site of transmission was the long haul flight from Italy to Hong Kong, and not in the airport.

Guy

2 Likes

China admits death rate 5% now.

2 Likes

You can’t stop strangers from coughing or sneezing on you.

What is the DPP thinking?

1 Like

She looks pretty healthy that day at least :slight_smile: Maybe she wasn’t spreading it yet. :

3 Likes
10 Likes

What assholes

2 Likes

I was going to use an adjective that rhymes with sisterf*cking douchebags, but perhaps assholes covers it.
Unbelievable.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

What on earth is going on in that video?

Guy

I had an old man walk up to me, look at me, and then cough at me today. He wasn’t wearing a mask, but I was getting ready to go, so my vogmask and sunglasses were already on. Let’s pray it really is N99.

How many times can I post “WHAT’S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?”

4 Likes

If somebody wants to receive a cross and hook, feel free to do the same on me. :slight_smile:

So these 14-day quarantines that are becoming more common: how do they work? Is the idea that anyone who lives with you leaves home for the two weeks, or is the whole household quarantined? Or can one person be under quarantine, and someone else in the family can come and go to the office and supermarket? For people who live on their own, is some kind of help or support provided?

They are an 80 year old and a 63 year old.

And I do not have their landline.

TBH my intermediary is another far flung relative in Panama who can speak Cantonese. I am also hoping they somehow managed to hightail it to HK, but I think the border’s already closed.

UPDATE
Yeah, Uncle is in HK, granny stayed behind because, well, old people are stubborn. So fingers crossed.

1 Like

china also allowed it to get this bad. you are skipping over a few details there son.