Olympics - Beijing 2022 political thread

Can’t we save pictures like that for the Taiwan quarantine hotel thread? Even in a thread about genocide, those are putting me off my dinner. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Probably should’ve blurred the photo. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve always felt it’s better to be honest about these sort of things.

Guy

Yes, and ideally a trigger warning. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Im not anti CCP because of the muslim situation now. Whether thats genocide or not. Im boycotting the evil doers for EVERYTHING else they have done and are currently still doing. They may not have reached nazi level, but they arent far off either considering their history.

What about tibet? Or various small groups during the famine. The big famine i mean.

Regardless if they meet the literal definition of genocide. Killing and maiming tens of millions, and destroying hundreds of millions of lives, is worthy of boycott anyway.

1 Like

More ways to remember:

Source: https://twitter.com/badiucao/status/1490505728049643523?cxt=HHwWhoCsgYHEq68pAAAA

Guy

2 Likes

I find it truly bizarre that anyone could ever think the Olympics are anything other than political. It’s pretty much right there in the basic structure of the thing.

3 Likes

Well. That’s the propaganda behind it. It’s sports they say. This is where we come together despite differences.

On the surface it sure looks like that.

1 Like

This is my favourite speech ever

Chinese skater with the slight of hand cheating. Watch the hands pushing the little black puck or whatever it’s called.

1 Like

Is this for real? :rofl:

2 Likes

Charming.

Wonderful alpine landscape, sure to pull in the tourists after the Olympics :joy:

Seemingly!

3 Likes

Didnt they ban tourists this olympics?

That pic Reminds me of taiwans most famous white sandy beach area :wink:

Good news!

4 Likes

Wrong thread!!!

:grin:

1 Like

*Some reporters interviewed by the Global Times on Monday also called on some Western media to focus on sports rather than unprofessionally politicizing the Games and smearing China, saying they should accept China’s development, which is beneficial to the world. *

:rofl:

1 Like

Article most certainly posted in the correct thread :crazy_face:

Good catch! That propaganda piece from GLOBAL TIMES could be in the misinformation / disinformation thread.

Guy