Olympics - Beijing 2022 political thread

Not about genocide, but from the Winter Olympics

And affecting Taiwan, since we get our MOD feed from SE Asia, and anything mentioning gay sex is banned- in a country where gay marriage is legal and supported by 60% of the population.

1 Like

Sport is inherently political, like art or any other reflection of society. Sports competitions between nations with wildly different philosophies are especially political. There’s no way it could be otherwise.

War without the shooting?

I don’t really agree with Orwell on that. Of course international sport can be highly political, but that tends to be the exception rather than the rule. How often do countries boycott major international events? It’s exceptional when it happens.

1 Like

So what does Laowhy think of these Olympics? I’ll let you guess before you watch his latest video. :rofl:

Guy

I love how they are/were leading the medal table.

What?

Taiwan has (or as of last night had) the most medals of any country.

How is that possible

F.U.C.K. me…

The only people i am dissapointed in about this, and everything else related, are the people that STILL buy made in china. Because, ya know, i “need” THIS one.

We, as a species, deserve the pending avoidable karma based doom we are inflicting upon ourselves and each other. Sad truth, considering we all know better :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t know, but they’ve been leading every time I’ve looked since the start.

Just looked again…still leading with 10 medals.

For apparently straight-faced comments like that, you can join the actual thread for this purpose:

Guy

ROC is the Russians

5 Likes

I said Taiwan is a country. Political, baby!

What country actually boycotted this olympics?

Seems only china boycotted international visitors :rofl: well played, if we are all in grade 1. Otherwise not. Lucky for china the world is as greedy and retarded as a trailer park baby in a non monitored candy store on an empty stomach.

Oh man, that stinks! Why do they not have the Russian flag and have the Olympic one?

For sure. Credit is due to the authorities in Beijing for recognizing how venal clowns such as the IOC can be played.

Guy

1 Like

The choice to not boycott, especially a foe, is also political.

Taiwan has actually never won a medal at any Winter Olympics.

The sad truth :frowning: Which doesnt speak leagues for the IOCs customers and employees either (ie. Sponsors, athletes and people watching)